Commodity Pricing and Workflow Product Manager
The Bloomberg Core Applications and Insights business area is looking for a product manager to join its Commodity and FX Core Applications team with a focus on Commodity pricing and associated pricing workflows.
The FICC and ECO Core Applications team is responsible for coordinating our product development efforts across Bloomberg to improve the terminal experience for FICC and ECO workflows and support enterprise data products that will result in direct revenue. Our core FX and Commodity pricing and workflow business areas are responsible for producing pricing sources, enhancing pricing Terminal workflows, developing trading workflows and extending reach to enterprise-level support for source delivery and benchmarks.
- Manage pricing engines and infrastructure essential to delivering high-quality and reliable sources across commodity markets. These pricing sources are critical to the Terminal, electronic trading, and enterprise solutions.
- Expand our commodity fair value curves to respond to new market dynamics (e.g., LNG, environmental products).
- Manage discoverability workflows, interactive monitors, calculation services, and insight development related to pricing and price-related workflows.
- Ensure commodity pricing content is easy to find and consistently described across distribution channels- starting with the terminal and extending through APIs and enterprise.
- Exposed pricing relationships to clients through a consolidated suite of pricing workflows and an investment in taxonomy (e.g., forward curve to settlement index, futures to commitment of trader's reports).
- Capture trading community by proving comprehensive trading access points including bi-lateral bank to corporate trading activity and confirmations. Extend reach to provide critical pricing support to risk and derivatives.
- Increase market maker and broker connectivity within workflows. This product manager role will be responsible managing and extending our existing Commodities product offerings. You will collaborate closely across our data teams, contributions, product, and engineering group's key to Commodity pricing initiatives. You should be seen across the organization as providing and defining the strategy on topics related to the Commodity market and ensure strategic alignment across key stakeholders including compliance, legal, enterprise product, enterprise data, and electronic trading.
Product managers need to develop direct engagement with various internal stakeholders, including our sales force, while also seeking out data to understand the impact of their product initiatives. The ability to measure impact should be prioritized alongside functional enhancements.
As a product manager within the Commodity and FX pricing, we will trust you with the following: Key activities and responsibilities:
Execution of product: Ensure delivery of product and manage product process
Collaboration and stakeholder management:
- Ensure delivery of product ownership responsibilities including daily engagement with engineering team(s), regular scum rituals including stand-ups, refining sessions, planning, retrospectives and demos.
- Set priorities of work, making tradeoffs across priorities and understanding constraints - technical and resource.
- Collaboratively define acceptance criteria for engineering, global data, and contributions.
- Manage the flow of in-bound requests, ensure proper communication, and use excellent judgment to set clear and valid priorities for work to do.
- Responsible for working closely with enterprise product and data to understand customer needs, commercial strategy, identify and prioritize emerging marketplace trends.
- Collaborate with global data, data engineering and contributions on various initiatives to improve operational efficiency across these areas and ensure that our ratings contributions are up to date so that we maintain high-quality product.
Define and communicate the strategy/vision: Representation of Commodity Pricing business firm wide- including to Sr Management
You'll need to have:
- Regular and consistent communication of product strategy to ensure strategic alignment across key stakeholders.
- Creation of high quality communication materials (e.g., powerpoints, planning templates) that ensure alignment and understanding of key initiatives.
- Understanding of nature of the crypto product area from a governance perspective; mitigates risk accordingly.
- Establish pivotal relationships with third parties and key clients to identify, develop, and promote appropriate solutions that facilitate efficient markets and partnerships.
If this sounds like you:
- +5 years working within the Commodity Trading market in either a front or middle office role.
- Experience and a passion in building technology platforms.
- Ability to identify various user types, workflows, and work with large data sets.
- Proven ability to engage across functions and areas of expertise.
- A technical background including the ability to engage in detailed technical planning.
- Proficiency in tools that support technical engagement (e.g., excel, Bloomberg API, QSEN).
- You will have the ability to represent plans and progress to senior management and across teams.
- Good listener with the ability to understand critical challenges facing key stakeholders.
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.