See job description for detailsAn exciting opportunity has just come for you to join ANZ as a Compliance Manager.
- London based
- Compliance advisory to UK business units
- Contribute to the Bank’s Regional Goal
As the Compliance manager, and supported by the Compliance team, you will be responsible for providing compliance advice to ANZ UK business units and as to the application of regulatory obligations and internal policies. This role will also be responsible for compliance monitoring, regulatory change implementation, and for supporting the Head of Compliance in relation to other compliance activities. You will assist the business to understand and manage compliance risks and will help to embed a compliance culture and implement industry best practices. You will work with first line functions to ensure that new regulations are implemented and that Enterprise compliance reporting is maintained. You will support compliance training, review & provide advice on new product approvals, and participate (and where applicable, take lead on) local compliance project work. As a key member of the team, you will also contribute to fostering a strong collaborative culture and positive team dynamics consistent with the Bank's Values.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following –
- Working knowledge of regulatory & legislative compliance principles and practices
- Exposure to Fixed Income, FX, and/or Commodities business areas
- Well-developed understanding of principles and drivers of regulations and of regulatory objectives
- Good understanding of regulatory reform proposals & industry developments
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and build rapport with others
- Ability to effectively impart specialist knowledge and build capability in others – including ability to present to senior management
- Compliance monitoring experience, especially relating to FX, Fixed Income and Commodity derivatives
- Strength of character, robust and questioning attitude, self-starter, logical and structured approach to tasks, unbiased judgement
- Flexibility and responsiveness to change and regulatory uncertainty but at the same time delivering under time pressures
- Initiative with a demonstrated ability to manage time and priorities
- Tertiary qualification or industry/professional compliance related qualifications
ANZ is a leading regional bank with representation in 34 markets, focusing on core markets in Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. As we continue our journey to build our global business and support our customers, we’re committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We’ve made it our business to be an organisation where people strive, and are rewarded, for excellence.
We’re exploring new and better ways to progress the business with energy and enthusiasm. Backed by a proud and established heritage, we’re on a journey creating a regional bank. Connected by integrity and clarity of strategy, there is a real sense of excitement about the future.
At ANZ we aim to create a work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
Find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers
We connect you to a world of opportunity.
When you join ANZ, you'll join a connected community offering a world of opportunities to help you grow your career. Who knows where you might end up? Hear from our staff about their career journey with ANZ. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyUCE1xOvzE
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference UNI000455.
This role is based in London, United Kingdom. The salary package on offer is competitive.
Application opening date: January 25, 2018
Application closing date: February 24, 2018
72% of Australian workers want the opportunity to work flexibly. Hear from ANZ staff about how they take advantage of our range of flexible options, including volunteer and lifestyle leave