Our client, a Branch of a fabulous European Bank are looking to hire a great candidate into their London Compliance Team. The London Branch Compliance team are looking for an individual who has a well-rounded multi compliance domain knowledge, with proven experience in ‘Compliance Testing - Monitoring & Investigations’. The role will primarily focus on Monitoring and Investigations.
Provide assurance of the quality of implementation of regulation, policies, procedures and controls through the carrying out of the agreed Compliance Monitoring Program (Testing and or Second Line Controls), whilst covering all Compliance Domains there will be a primary focus on AML, Markets & Conduct.
Provide support to other colleagues in carrying out thorough and timely investigations in the event of real life individual cases arises in any of the domains (e.g. Data breaches, suspicious transaction reports, etc). Notwithstanding the above the person may be asked to cover or assist with other compliance tasks.
- Carrying out the Compliance Monitoring Program (both 2nd line controls and in depth testing).
- Drafting Compliance Testing / Control Reports and proposing appropriate recommendations towards the business to any shortcoming identified.
- When drafting Compliance Testing / Control Reports taking into account in the recommendations not only coverage of risk but also potential process optimisations.
- Assist in carrying out investigations that may arise across domains for real life individual cases arising such as: breaches, suspicious activity reports, market abuse incidents, Peer Group incident analysis of impact if event should occur in London.
- Assist in updating the Compliance Risks Assessments including in BWise (provide support to other compliance team members for their respective domains in this area).
- Stay abreast of developments within the various compliance domains in order to identify latest risks and trends when carrying out the Compliance Monitoring Program.
- Liaise with the other members of the compliance team to ensure that they are aware of the findings of recurrent controls /CMPs to ensure a) that recommendations are consistent with overarching policies and strategies and latest market developments b) that the advice and support teams are able to provide relevant ongoing tailored training and advice to the business.
- To promptly escalate to the Head of Compliance London any emerging issues.
- Provide absence cover and or assistance to other staff members as required.
Key Technical Skills
- A strong academic record, professional qualifications an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within compliance environment in particular in monitoring and investigation fields.
- Knowledge and understanding of AML and Market Abuse typologies and trends.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations, especially AML, Markets and Conduct.
- Good understanding of the FCA/PRA regulatory requirements and culture.
- Ability to deliver assistance in compliance investigations, monitoring activity through a good understanding of the regulatory requirements.
- Display initiative in identifying and presenting solutions to cover risk identified during monitoring and testing exercises or investigations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely on regulatory compliance issues and translate into a language the Business can understand.
- Understanding of governance and control frameworks.
- Forward looking and focused ensuring recommendations lead to effective processes and increasing efficiencies.
- High Ethical Standard
- Analytical Nature
- Good data analysis ability
- Good Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- High level of initiative, dedication and motivation
- Good communication and negotiation skills ( & Emotional Intelligence)
- Good organisation skills