Consultant Relations Associate
- London, England, Großbritannien London England GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Wells Fargo
- 06 Aug 18 2018-08-06
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
The Wells Fargo Asset Management Team based in Grosvenor Street is seeking to recruit a highly proficient Consultant Relations Associate to join the EMEA Consultant Relations team. The role will entail supporting the EMEA Consultant Relations team in all activities related to building and maintaining our investment consultant relationships and executing on strategic initiatives
This opportunity will initially be based in Grosvenor Street (Mayfair) but the team will be relocating to King William Street (City) in late 2018/early 2019.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required).
- Work with large and complex institutional consultants providing services related to projects, relationship management, reporting and documentation, including:
- Timely response to consultant queries
- Coordinating consultant meetings, producing comprehensive briefing documents/research ahead of meetings - may attend and host where appropriate.
- Developing presentations/preparing marketing and service material taking compliance implications into consideration
- Preparing portfolio performance and competitive analysis, interpret data and make recommendations to Institutional Consultant Directors and/or consultants regarding investment teams, products, and/or market segments to target
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the team’s client base and products offered
- Managing distribution of periodic marketing collateral
- Reviewing and quality checking consultant database entries
- Effectively maintaining the CRM system in terms of consultant and sales information, keep accurate records and run periodic progress reports
- Managing the RFP/ consultant questionnaire process collaborating with various internal parties including investment teams
- Initiating and supporting the on boarding process for new clients via consultants partnering with multiple internal groups
- Partnering with sales, portfolio managers, product specialists and/or client relations staff for all support activities for relationships.
- Partnering with Institutional Consultant Directors on strategic planning initiatives, responsible for maintenance of various supporting documents.
- Collaborate with US Consultant Relations team on global initiatives
- Identifying opportunities to streamline processes and procedures to gain efficiencies. Analysing and resolving complex operational, systems-related and/or issues.
- May lead projects, including identifying resources, establishing timeframes and managing to milestones and communicating and coordinating across various internal parties.
- May consult with a small number of consultant relationships around investment strategy, performance, new solutions, and market developments.
- May manage cross-train and/or lead other support team members
- May participate with the leadership team to develop and execute business strategy.
- Proven experience of institutional quality consultant relations/ investment experience, equivalent relationship management support, or a combination of both
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Excellent level competency and confidence in IT skills
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize and exercise time management
- A strong sense of professional and personal integrity and high ethical standards
- Demonstration of initiative, accountability and focus on quality
- Degree educated
- Investment management qualification and or CFA/CAIA/CIIA designation or working towards the CFA designation
This role is deemed a Controlled Function:
Financial Conduct Authority Controlled Function (CF30)
Wells Fargo team members in the UK who deal with customers or customers’ property, and whose responsibilities include:
- advising on investments
- dealing in investments
- arranging deals in investments; and/or
- managing investments
Must be approved by the Financial Conduct Authority (the “FCA”) to hold a CF30 function i.e. the team member must become a CF30 approved person.
To qualify as a CF30 approved person, a team member must be able to demonstrate to the FCA, on a continuous basis, that he/she is fit and proper to perform such a controlled function. In particular, a team member must demonstrate that he/she has the following attributes:
- honesty, integrity and reputation;
- competence and capability; and
- financial soundness.
As a CF30 approved person, a team member must at all times adhere to the following FCA Statements of Principles for Approved Persons:
- act with integrity in carrying out his/her responsibilities;
- act with due skill, care and diligence in carrying out his/her responsibilities, observe proper standards of market conduct in carrying out his/her responsibilities;
- and deal with the FCA and other regulators in an open and cooperative way, and disclose appropriately any information of which the FCA would reasonably expect notice.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.