Description of the Business Line or Department
MARK/BTO/ORM is the team dedicated to the management of MARK Business Unit's Operational and Conduct Risks.
As an ORCM (Operational Risk and Conduct Managers) team it:
- ensures - as concerns non-financial risk matters - the management and the global consistency of Norms (policies, rules, procedures), Controls (1st line of defence, including FBK/Watch, permanent supervision and anti-fraud), Governance (definition of rules, design of controls, analysis of control results) and Processes and tools.
- Provides the necessary support to MARK to manage and mitigate their operational and conduct risks.
- Gives a comprehensive yet readable view of operational and conduct risks in MARK activities.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Coordinate the Permanent Control Transformation Program for MARK UK (SGLB and SGIL)
- Participate in the First line of defence control framework enhancement for MARK UK (SGLB and SGIL)
- Participate in the Management Information and Reporting to MARK senior management, governance committees, auditors and regulators (SGLB and SGIL).
- Assist in the Permanent Supervision framework for MARK UK (SGLB and SGIL)
- Assist MARK/BTO/ORM ORCM to coordinate MARK/BTO/ORM's 1LoD missions with 2LoD teams;
- Assist MARK/BTO/ORM ORCM in answering requests from regulators and senior management on non-financial risks;
- Work on specific transversal projects linked to the 1LoD for MARK UK (SGLB and SGIL)
- Build and maintain effective relationships with FOs, COOs and the operational risk managers supporting each BU/SU in SGLB and SGIL
This role does not require a specific certification.
Scope: this role covers all MARK activities in the UK (SGLB and SGIL)
Reporting line: this position will report to MARK/BTO/DIR
Summary of responsibilities
1 - Coordinate the Permanent Control Transformation Program for MARK UK (SGLB and SGIL):
- Support the deployment of Permanent Control Transformation Program for MARK UK (SGLB and SGIL) by coordinating the relation with PCT central stakeholders (DGLE/PIC, MARK SGPM and GBSU EMEA)
- Manage the PCT deliveries (control deployment and mapping)
- Monitor and report on the MARK UK PCT deliveries
- Prepare the roadmap across MARK UK (SGLB and SGIL)
2 - In addition to PCT, participate in the First line of defence control framework enhancement:
- Participate to the design and improvement of the SGIL MARK control framework. Participate in the execution within MARK of the applicable control framework for operational and other non-financial risks, in close cooperation with Front Office across SGLB and SGIL.
- Control issues and remediation: Participate in the review to ensure the environment of controls is appropriate, identify gaps and address the weak areas. Participate and/or support mitigation and remediation efforts and monitor progress to ensure issues are addressed on a timely basis
3 - Participate in the Management Information and Reporting to MARK senior management, governance committees, auditors and regulators:
- Participate in preparation of reporting on matters relating to the effectiveness of the first line of defence control framework and oversight mechanisms, supported by appropriate quantitative and qualitative data and metrics.
- Participate in all required governance and management meetings with Front Office
4 - To assist in the Permanent Supervision framework for MARK in the UK:
- Contribute, where and if needed, to the performance of certain controls for MARK.
- Participate in controls to ensure that they are operated in accordance with the control framework, internal policies and standards and regulatory requirements
5 - Assist MARK/BTO/ORM ORCM in MARK to coordinate MARK/BTO/ORM's 1LoD missions with 2LoD teams:
- Assist with MARK/BTO/ORM's participation to LoD2 initiatives and topics.
6 - Assist MARK/BTO/ORM ORCM in MARK in answering requests from regulators and senior management on non-financial risks:
- Assist with requests on operational and conduct risks from regulators and senior managers through data gathering and analysis as well as presentation production.
7 - To work on specific transversal projects linked to the 1LoD for MARK in SGIL and SGLB:
- Manage and/or assist on ad-hoc transversal tasks.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to deliver solutions in agreed timeframe
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Good mastering of English, both written and spoken
- Some knowledge of MARK
- Some Experience on operational and conduct risk issues is a plus
- Some knowledge or regulatory topics
- Capacity to work in a matrix organisation and a global environment