Credit Control Executive
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. With teams in London, San Francisco and Denver, we are fusing finance and tech to create new opportunities for those who want to achieve more. About the role:
We are looking for Credit Control Executive's in London to join a strong and highly performing team. This role will involve a mix of remote working and office working. The Collections & Recoveries team carry out all debt collection procedures with their own unique approach that is defining the collections culture in the peer-to-business market.
- Supporting SME business owners who are facing financial difficulties over the telephone and via written communication to effectively understand the cause, diagnosis and prognosis of their businesses financial situation, negotiating an outcome which is appropriate for both the borrower and our Investors.
- Building rapport with our Borrowers to understand their needs and expectations, meeting these consistently through commitment to our quality framework delivering an outstanding service.
- In communication you will always provide support to our small business customers and protect our investor returns, managing accounts with a strong focus on cash collection and aged debt clearance, always trying to minimise loans defaulting.
- Recognise opportunities to further aid our borrowers, taking the initiative to identify and implement the best solutions.
- Handle Borrower dissatisfaction in an appropriate and professional manner and adhere to our complaints / escalation process.
- Successfully manage your own productivity and workload to ensure you achieve the expected service levels.
- Act as a role model for the business, championing our vision and values at all times and demonstrating a professional approach to work.
- Develop key working relationships with your colleagues both internally and externally, promoting the value of standing together as a key component of our success.
- Adopt a flexible approach to work at all times, being prepared to undertake ad hoc duties which may be required to meet the ever changing needs of our Borrowers, Investors and Business.
- Comply with all appropriate regulatory and FCA guidelines which are pertinent to Borrowers, Colleagues and Investors.
Why join us?
- We are interested in meeting people from a diverse background - This role would suit someone from a Customer facing role/environment (6 months+) within a Financial Services organisation, OR it could equally suit a recent graduate or post apprenticeship.
- Experience of delivering against targets and able/likely to achieve all SLA's and KPI's consistently.
- Competitive in nature - always striving to outperform and improve yourself.
- Driven by KPI based targets and motivated to achieve your monthly targets
- Organised with great attention to detail, and ability to use multiple systems concurrently in the workplace.
- The ability to empathise with borrowers and the commitment to assist them in solving issues through your first class customer service skills.
- Be a motivated and deadline driven individual with the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining quality of work.
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octave - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we're building a culture where difference is valued. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.