Credit Front Office Developer M/F - Corporate and Investment Banking London
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• C# .Net full stack development, delivering well tested & well structured code on the pricing and e-trading tools
• Engage with other members of the technology organisation to ensure project delivery in an efficient and timely manner.
• Engage with business to ensure project delivery is bringing best value to our clients. Summary of responsibilities
• Work closely with the end users build out a solid understanding of the requirements for each story implemented
• Work closely with the UX specialists to ensure a high focus on usability and a high quality of finish to the delivered product
• Design, develop and implement functionality in an agile way from story creation to delivery.
• Provide Technical guidance to other members of the team on areas of the platform or frameworks in which you have specialist knowledge.
• Ensure that code test coverage is at an acceptable level with a focus on TDD development
• Ensure that code is developed in such a way as to reduce long term technical debt while also ensuring that where possible code is structured to give the best possible re use
• Strong ownership of own deliverables from design through implementation to release
• Communication with production support teams on any on-going investigations, providing technical investigations and feedback / fixes where appropriate Profile Required
Graduate with a Master's degree from Business/Engineering School or University in Computer Science, engineering, applied science (physics, mathematics...)
You ideally have a previous experience in a bank or financial institution.
Knowledge of financial products would be a plus.
You are fluent in English. The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com .
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English. Why Join Us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad. Business Insight
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Information Technology division of Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS), one of the three pillars of SG that brings together Corporate and Investment Banking activities, Private Banking activities, Asset Management and Investor Services. Every day our teams are ensuring that we deliver the service our businesses need to compete and serve Societe Generale's clients. Our objective is to deliver great production services in a well controlled and cost effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise Description of the Business Line
The role involves working for the global credit development team.
The team focus is on the tools used by the various trading desks covering credit products globally for all pre trade activity, including pricing and e-trading.
The technology group is C# front to back with a focus on UX led agile development.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 180012F9
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 12/10/2020
Credit Front Office Developer M/F
International Volunteer Program | London | Corporate and Investment Banking