Summary: A Global Investment Bank in London is looking for an experienced Credit Analyst to be the main point of contact for credit function in London. The role sits within the 1LoD and requires regular contact with clients and senior stakeholders within the business on credit related issues and requests. You will work closely with the Head of Risk, Compliance and Relationship Managers in providing front-line credit support in assessing credit quality of assets and formulating analyses and recommendations on cases
- Timely preparation and presentation of credit applications in accordance with bank standard templates and annual reviews on portfolio names.
- Responsible for the management and continued monitoring of an assigned set of assets.
- Close liaison with Relationship Managers and Head of Risk to discuss nature of excess and appropriate steps to regularise account position
- Review all credit requests and assessing risk events of all customers.
- Monitoring of watch exposure and preparation of credit action plans when needed.
- Assess credit risk, structure credit products, financial modelling and assessments via internal models for existing clients and prospects/new transactions
- Carry out a detailed credit review and analysis of the banks portfolios, including existing clients credit needs and general credit reviews.
- Approve credit applications and provide a detailed report to the Senior Risk Officer.
- Prepare quarterly portfolio reports in order to monitor trends in the overall portfolio including rating, utilisation, committed and uncommitted facilities, trading lines and guarantees
- Prepare quarterly report on watch exposures and status of weaker customers
- Provide accounts managers and credit departments outside London Branch with reports on weaker or defaulted clients in London.
- A degree in Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Physics, or other science disciplines
- 3-5 year's experience Credit experience in either structured or corporate banking sector
- Experience covering Syndicated Loans (including - term loans, S/C, Revolving Credit, Delayed-draw term loan, Acquisitions etc).
- Previous track record in meeting with clients and senior stakeholders within the business and ability to on-board new clients.
- Experience working with large corporates.