An international Bank is seeking a Credit Risk Insurance Analyst. This is an additional hire to support a growing Credit Risk Insurance market, and an increasing number of CRI counterparties entering into partnership with the Bank. The monitoring frequency, the level of details in the analysis, and the number of inquiries have dramatically increased within the department. As a consequence, monitoring of the CRMI counterparties have attracted more attentions from internal and external auditors. The successful candidate to this role will need to demonstrate a positive, challenge-oriented mindset able to take on the high volumes that this department processes.
To independently and competently:
- Conduct periodical and ad-hoc credit review of non-life and multi-line insurance companies in required timeline to support a global Credit Risk Insurance hedge portfolio.
- Support the insurance exposure management and reporting responsibilities.
- Support customer due diligence of the insurance companies including KYC reviews, annual and ad-hoc credit monitoring applications and weekly credit trigger line reports
Responsibilities of the role
- Conduct Quantitative and Qualitative credit analysis as per Credit Monitoring Rules (Overseas) within 3 months after the insurers’ audited annual reports are published;
- Independently review, assess, writes credit opinion and provide recommendations for CRI counterparties;
- Weekly monitoring and reporting of the insurers’ share price, CDS, the exposure against respective counterparty exposure limitfor all relevant parties
- Timely communication with Credit Depts, Financial Crime Middle Office and KYC division.
- Develop / maintain internal CRI data in support of internal & extremal reporting materials
- Complying with all regulatory and internal policies and procedures, regulations and guidelines.
- Participating and initiate wider initiatives internally and externally not limited to specific role.
- Any other administrative work which is needed to support the Insurance Placement operation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
At least 2 to 3 years working experience as a junior analyst of Financial Institution credit risk, preferably insurance companies, gained in a major commercial bank or lending institutions;
- Excel modelling skill;
- Basic understanding of or keen to learn the regulatory requirements in respect of customer due diligence,
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Open minded, flexible working sprits to achieve the business goal;
- Respect for the other team members / stakeholders;
- Able to recognise play the role and responsibility sought by the organisation
Regulatory experience of CDD in all of the following areas: UK, Belgium and Dubai would be a significant advantage
University Degree preferred, but not essential.