Cybersecurity Attack Analyst
Working in cybersecurity takes passion for technology, speed, a desire to learn, and vigilance in order to keep every asset safe. You'll be on the front lines of innovation, working with a highly motivated team focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. Your research and work will ensure stability, capacity and resiliency of our products. Working with your internal team, as well as technologists and innovators across our global network, your ability to identify threats, provide intelligent analysis and positive actions will stop crimes and strengthen our data.
As a member of the Attack Analysis team, you will fit into a global team providing 24/7 monitoring and Incident Response, acting as the frontline for attacks against the firms' infrastructure. As a shift analyst, your role will include monitoring alerts triggered from in-house bespoke signatures in a SIEM, start to finish case investigation, threat hunting, file analysis, as well as getting involved in projects that aim to improve the capability of the team. You'll have opportunities to attend training and conferences that benefit the skillset of the team and your own. You'll be encouraged to conduct your own hunting investigations and create rule logic to fill the gaps in monitoring that you identify or alert on upcoming threats you think may be targeted at the firm. The work you'll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Good level of knowledge in network fundamentals, for example; OSI Stack, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP(S), SMTP
- Good level of understanding in the approach threat actors take to attacking a network; phishing, port scanning, web application attacks, DDoS, lateral movement
- Experience or demonstrable knowledge in log analysis and PCAP analysis
- Knowledge in Windows and/or Linux operating systems, how to investigate them for signs of compromise
- Foundational understanding of file analysis; extracting indicators, providing a report, implementing mitigations
- Basic understanding for Cloud architecture and how an attacker can utilize these platforms
- Foundational level of scripting knowledge is desirable
- Ability to demonstrate the right approach to investigating alerts and/or indicators and document your findings in a manner that both peer and executive level colleagues can understand
- Appreciation of the wider roles of interconnecting Cyber Security teams and collaboration with each of those (i.e. Forensics / Threat Intelligence / Penetration Testing / Vulnerability Management / "Purple Teaming" etc)
- Willing to work a shift pattern that includes weekend work every four weeks
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
It's time to take your career to the next level, and we can help. Apply today.