Data Architect, based in London
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 09 Dez 18
Data Architect, based in London
EY is a global leader in Advisory, Assurance, Tax, and Transaction Services. The insights and quality services we deliver build trust and confidence in capital markets and economies throughout the world. We are a $30B+ partnership spanning 150+ countries with 270K+ employees continuously evolving the business landscape to build a better working world.
EY's mission is to build a better working world and we can't do it without the right people: exceptional people know for their thought leadership with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to work with the best, constantly learn and create positive change. In the Shared Business Platforms (SBP) Team within the Client Technology (CT) organization, we use innovative and superior technology capabilities while maximizing efficiency to allow further invest in ongoing growth.
Our evolving approach adopts the innovative and cultural approaches of technology leaders:
• To build high performing and independent global teams, we value integrity, respect, collaboration and excellence
• We foster continuous learning through purposeful and broad sharing of knowledge
• We evolve and challenge teams by communicating in a respectful, direct and open manner
• In pursuit of speed and flexibility, we focus on outcomes rather than rules
• To foster creativity, we want work to be fun, exciting and rewarding
• We automate the repeatable to ensure speed and quality
• We exercise good judgement in balancing strategic goals with tactical needs
As a Data Architect, you will be responsible for design and engineering of leading and emerging technology designs as part of a global product team using a mixture of COTS, MOTS and custom developed software hosted using IaaS, PaaS and SaaS cloud services. You will work as part of an evolving Agile DevSecOps Team to rapidly design, secure, build, test and release new technology enabled capabilities. The role is primarily an individual contributor who collaborates closely with other Architects, Engineers, InfoSec Consultants, Product Managers & Owners, and internal customers.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Architect and design platform solutions to meet and exceed expectations of Product Manager
• Secure and automate solutions through collaboration with InfoSec and Engineering resources
• Proactively evolve and apply DevSecOps methodologies, standards and leading practices
• Ensure re-use through consumption and expansion of shared platform technology assets
• Apply architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, security standards, usability design standards, as approprioate.
• Ensure quality through use of manual and automated controls
• Provide insight and direction on roles and responsibilities required for platform/product operations
• Identify, communicate and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions throughout full lifecycle
• Using strategic thinking, consider the art of the possible, compare various options based on feasibility and impact, propose actionable plans and roadmaps that balance tactical and strategic needs
• Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal
• Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to contribute as a leading member of global, distributed teams focused on delivering quality services and solutions
• Able to distill complex technical challenges to actionable and explainable decisions
• Inspire DevSecOps teams by building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary
• Demonstrate excellent technical & architecture skills in the context of cloud based global platform/product design, service management and product lifecycle management
• Demonstrate ability to rapidly learn new and emerging technologies and developing a vision of their suitability and role as a new product within a platform & product landscape
• Operational abilities including early life support and driving root cause analysis and remediation
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalency (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline)
• Extensive IT industry experience gained at a Senior level
• Experience in a Solutions Architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
• Proficiency in a platform/product architecture/development role
• Large scale design, implementation and operations of OLTP, OLAP, DW and NoSQL data storage technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure SQL DW, PostgreSQL, CosmosDB, RedisCache, Azure Data Lake Store, Hadoop, Hive, MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j, Cassandra, HBase
• Creation of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics solutions using Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Services, Data Lake Analytics, HDInsight, HDP, Spark, Databricks, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Tez, SSAS, Watson Analytics, SPSS
• Design and configuration of data movement, streaming and transformation (ETL) technologies such as Azure Data Factory, HDF, Nifi, Kafka, Storm, Sqoop, SSIS, LogicApps, Signiant, Aspera, MoveIT, Alteryx, Pentaho, IDQ,
• Enablement of data reuse through Data Catalog/Marketplace, Metadata, Search and Governance technologies such as including Azure Data Catalog, Waterline, Apache Atlas, Apache Solr, Azure Search, Alteryx Connect, Datawatch Monarch Swarm, Collibra Catalog, Enigma Councourse, Adaptive, Cambridge Semantics, Data Advantage Group (DAG), Global IDs, Alation
• Application of Information Architecture in large enterprise through use of industry standard modeling, mapping, management, metadata, lineage and quality standards and technologies including IDEF1X, DDL, DML, UML, ER/Studio, ERWin, MDM, IDQ,
• Multi-system data Integration using industry standards such as SOA, EAI, BPI and API using API Gateway, iPaaS and ESB technologies such as Apache Knox, Boomi, Mulesoft, Tibco, Axway, Informatica, Workato, Jitterbit, SnapLogic, Apigee.
• Visualization using technologies such as PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire, D3, Spotfire, Qlik
• IoT technologies such as IoT Hub, IoT Edge, Event Grid
• Extensive knowledge with any of the following: Azure, O365, Azure Stack, Azure AD
• Experience with any claims based authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, RBAC, or ABAC
• Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
• Experience with resilient and highly available mission critical technology components
• Experience with multi-geo, multi-tier service design and operations
• CI/CD delivery using code management, configuration management and automation tools such as GitHub, VSTS, Ansible, DSC, Puppet, Ambari, Chef, Salt, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
• Application of AI, Cognitive and Data Science technologies such as Azure Machine Learning, Cognitive Services, Text Analytics API, Face API, Computer Vision API, Bot Service, Azure Notebooks, Anaconda, Jupyter, TensorFlow, R, Neural Networks, NLP, NLG, TTS, Watson, etc.
• Delivery using modern methodologies especially SAFe Agile, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.
• Microsoft, Redhat, TOGAF, Zachman, ITIL, Cisco, (ISC)2, CEH, SAFe, PMI, etc.