Data Engineer - CostQ
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our Engineering professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world. We commit people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow.
We are Goldman Sachs Engineering and the driving force behind the firm's technology innovation which has led the industry for many decades. Attracting and investing in the very best engineering talent is how we maintain this position. We are continuously looking for engineers who share our values of collaboration, creativity, motivation, commercial awareness and an obsession for quality. Accelerate
Accelerate is a firmwide initiative to foster innovation and collaboration across divisions, with a focus on the firm's future growth. The projects we fund will focus on building brand new business ideas for GS, while offering employees the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up like environment.
All of the ideas and businesses in which we are investing have key technical components to explore and develop. As such, Accelerate Engineering is focused on creating a dynamic, flexible environment that can rapidly create and deliver new products for our businesses. Many of these projects are either to deliver proofs-of-concepts or minimum viable products in exciting greenfield environments, while others are expanding current strategic platforms to integrate with one another in new, client-focused ways.
Engineers will play an integral role in helping define both the scope and direction of the businesses as they launch and grow, and they will become core owners of the platforms as they evolve. In short, we're evolving, and we're looking for some of the most talented engineers in the world to help us go further than ever before.
The CostQ team is building a digital platform for modelling and analysing strategic decisions around the firm's entity compositions and strategies. We are looking for a talented and passionate engineer who thrives in an extremely entrepreneurial, fast paced environment. This is a high visibility role and as such, will require creativity and drive to deliver on an ambitious roadmap. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- We are looking for a data engineer to join our team of software and UI engineers.
- Manage end to end data lineage and modelling, from firmwide data sourcing of trades, to the transformation and delivery of scenario data to end users for decision making.
- Communicate with the global team, share your knowledge and learn from others.
- Demonstrate a keen interest to continuously understand our business domain and our customer needs.
- Show passion for technology by keeping up to date with the latest industry trends.
- Deliver incremental business value through an agile SDLC
- Experience with data modelling, data analytics and business intelligence, with some knowledge of data warehousing, and the development of physical and logical models.
- Good programming ability in one or more languages (e.g. java).
- Broad knowledge of financial products and markets, ideally experience in lending products including commercial lending products.
- Evidence of being a strong team player who collaborates with others within and across teams
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to express relevant, technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in financial modelling using CDM, FPML, Rosetta DSL.
- Knowledge of data warehousing, and the development of physical and logical models.
- Experience with test-driven development and unit testing.
- Familiarity with SCRUM or similar agile discipline
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity