TEKsystems are currently partnered with one of our leading financial services clients looking for a Database Reliability Engineer to work on in an exciting multi platform environment.
In this role you will be Responsible for migrating existing on premise Oracle Database workloads (multi-terabyte databases) to Oracle DBCS and ensuring the cloud platform is engineered using "Infrastructure as Code" principles and the reliability and efficiency of database infrastructure through the delivery of common, repeatable tools and processes that greatly reduce the amount of toil the Database Operations team must perform.
Top Skills for this role:
* Excellent knowledge of Oracle 11g / 12c / 18c / 19c (including RAC, ASM, DataGuard and ODA appliances).
* Excellent knowledge of multiple database platforms such as MSSQL, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
* Excellent knowledge of database internals across multiple RDBMS and NoSQL database platforms.
* Excellent knowledge of configuring Linux and Windows operating systems for optimal database performance.
* Excellent knowledge of multiple programming languages such as Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, C#, Java, Ruby.
* Excellent knowledge of multiple database programming languages such as SQL, T-SQL and PL-SQL.
* Excellent knowledge of container orchestration platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.