Delivery Lead - Comms Hub
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- HSBC Bank plc
- 24 Apr 19
Delivery Lead - Comms Hub
Delivery Lead, Global Software Delivery - HSBC Digital Services, Communications Hub
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The most exciting digital revolution in HSBC's history is happening right now. The global digital solutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly unique career opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts from world-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
Our Digital teams are an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in the UK, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
HSBC is currently going through a period of transformative digital change and to remain competitive, must ramp up productive capacity in Digital and remove unnecessary barriers to go faster. To achieve this, an integrated team to initiate, design, build and run digital services within HSBC Digital Solutions (HDS) has been created. This group will accelerate delivery by creating a common sense of purpose, unifying delivery accountability, pioneering new ways of working and enabling faster decisions to deliver the agreed digital agenda. Bringing together over 5,000 colleagues globally and structured within Cross Functional Teams (CFT).
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Communications Hub CFT focuses on delivering the products and platforms to provide personal and relevant communication on HSBC customer's channel of choice. We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team as Delivery Lead, Communications Hub. The role will be accountable for the implementation and oversight of the relevant delivery methodologies to ensure the production of product roadmaps, deployment plans and delivery commitments.
The successful candidate will be part of and work with the Communications Hub business and technical leadership to ensure features, products and platforms deliver the expected value. He or she will coordinate with other functions both within HDS and the wider HSBC organisation to assure delivery. The ideal candidate will have a 'can do' attitude and focus on what needs to be unblocked to achieve the goals, be willing to escalate early creatively leveraging the global team and drive results through interactive engagement with the technology executive leadership. In addition, he/she should be able to demonstrate experience in delivering software solution with customisation deployed both on premise and in the cloud.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage multiple large, highly visible, enterprise-level deliveries, consisting of multiple cross functional teams using lean/agile methodology in a fast-paced environment that crosses multiple business divisions and requires coordination within a large and complex dependency network
- Play a leadership role to help establish the appropriate people, process, and tools across teams distributed around the globe
- Coach and support teams as needed to optimise flow and have the ability to align delivery methodologies
- Work closely to support the scrum masters, delivery managers and their team's development while removing blockers and impediment to accelerate E2E delivery into prioritised markets; leveraging organisational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Champion agile and lean principles to reduce lead time of delivering product to markets while creating a culture of continuous improvement
- Manage stakeholders expectations and working relationship with the teams with focus on transparency and collaboration
- Control and manage both financial and resource actuals and forecasting across the programme.
- Accountable for both recovered and direct cost
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Extensive end-to-end IT project management role and able to evidence successful delivery of multiple projects/initiatives
- IT programme management experience with evidence of driving programmes of a global nature
- Proven track record of IT delivery using Agile and/or DevOps methodology within a Digital environment
- Prior experience of working with Digital technology and/or banking systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience using key tools including GPDM, Clarity, Jira and Confluence
- Experience of delivery on a global scale (i.e. across timezone & geography and with remote teams)
- Highly motivated and able to work independently, under pressure and proactively in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Positive, proactive and can-do attitude
- Availability to undertake national and international travel required for this role,
- Project Management accreditation (desirable)
- SAFe accreditation (desirable)
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.