Deputy Fund Manager / Investment Manager
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
Reporting to the Institutional Fund Managers responsible for growing the UK Real Estate business you will form an integral part of the Investment / Fund Management team across a number of UK Real Estate funds. You will provide real estate investment and fund management expertise which delivers performance to the investors in those funds.
The role encompasses investment and fund management activities, focusing on commercial property including deal sourcing, analysis/appraisal, stock selection, coordinating and driving transactional due diligence, selecting assets for sale and negotiating terms which crystallize performance, and associated fund analysis, research and reporting.
This role would suit you, if you are looking to progress to a Fund Manager role over time. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of relevant fund philosophies and strategies (including investment restrictions)
- Source, analyse and secure Real Estate assets which contribute to fund outperformance
- Undertake pre-acquisition / pre-contract due diligence including surveys, financial appraisals and oversight of the legal due diligence process through to completion
- Co-ordinate and drive the conveyancing process for Fund transactions, exercising sound judgement in this core function
- Undertake risk and performance analysis and projections at the individual property and portfolio levels
- Contribute to the collective market intelligence through the accumulation, origination, interpretation and presentation of relevant research
- Present a positive and proactive market-facing profile
- Support the Fund Managers in the compilation of reports, presentations and market commentaries
- Contribute to internal groupings including weekly Investment meetings and monthly Business Update meetings
- At all times you will operate in accordance with the Company's well-defined governance, compliance, risk and control environment. It will be expected that you have full awareness and understanding of the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process, including the current Risk Dashboard for the Real Estate business and escalate issues appropriately.
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- An excellent understanding of the UK Commercial Real Estate Market and be MRICS qualified with demonstrable PQE.
- You will be a capable deal originator with strong analytical skills.
- You will have experience of independently conveyancing property acquisitions and disposals and all related due diligence along with strong attention to detail and sound judgement.
- Due to the nature of the role it is imperative you have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to contribute to strategic fund management discussions.
- Advanced user of Argus Valuation Software and/or Excel.
- Experience of long lease deal structuring and origination would be beneficial on one role