Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
Become part of the Team
Our DevOps Consultants work with our clients to train and coach teams in DevOps best practices, help them solve engineering challenges and adopt new ways of working.
The teams you coach will be looking to you to help put the right things in place to facilitate and accelerate their delivery. We want people who can enthuse and enable individuals and teams to adopt DevOps ways of working. That means being a player-coach, developing the skills of your clients and evangelising the DevOps approach. It's all about crafting highly skilled and performing teams.
As a DevOps Consultant, you will find yourself working on exciting projects, across a range of sectors and technology sets. We'll make an investment in you - making you a consultant with a highly diverse and applicable skillset, but we'll also look to you to invest in us, helping to continually develop and improve our DevOps thinking, approach and capability. Job Requirements
What We're Looking for
DevOps is a diverse and growing capability. There are a variety of different tools, cloud technologies and approaches. We don't expect you to know them all, but we're interested in speaking to DevOps experts with experience in any of the following.
• Engaging in one-on-one and / or team-level coaching - gauging team DevOps maturity and providing feedback on progress
• Guiding and driving organisations through change, helping identify and remove organizational impediments which limits team productivity and quality
• Lean and agile ways of working, particularly at scale and knowledge of how to help teams adopt and improve these practices
• Advising on build and deployment processes to implement continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Educating teams on the best use of DevOps tools and helping them towards platform automation
• Various agile frameworks and practices such as Scrum, XP, SAFe and others.
Development and Engineering Experience
• Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure or GCP
• Building and implementing CI/CD Pipelines
• Building and implementing microservices and containers e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift
• Building and implementing tools for logging, monitoring and alerting. E.g. TICK Stack, ELK Stack, Splunk, CloudWatch
• Migration of legacy applications to cloud provided infrastructure
• Implementing cloud infrastructure and networking required to host a digital service, including storage, firewall and network configuration
• High availability, business continuity and disaster recovery solutions in the cloud
• Deploying serverless functions E.g. AWS Lambda, GCP Cloud Functions, Azure Cloud Functions
As a DevOps Consultant we'll be looking at you to set direction and take responsibility for successfully achieving an outcome or deliverable. You may have a team of people to support, leading a development pod, or else you could be working across multiple pods, providing some centralised expertise necessary for a larger program of work. Y
our clients and colleagues will look to you for:
• Expertise in DevOps engineering practices and ways of working
• Knowledge of the development process, perhaps being responsible for the overall process across a pod, or multiple pods, creating strong values and putting robust methods and patterns in place.
• Maintaining communication with the client regularly, being one of the key points of engagement between the client and the project.
• Coaching and mentoring the team.
• Help shaping and contributing to bids, working with a bid team on the approach or proposal and perhaps even presenting to clients in a formal selection process.
• Playing a role in account management and strong consulting skills.
#LI-LOG About PA Consulting Group
Benefits package at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.