Dev Ops Engineer
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 22 Apr 19
Dev Ops Engineer
Join us as Dev Ops (Software) Engineer in London
- We're building a customer facing financial guardian application, powered by deep machine learning and artificial intelligence
- This is an exciting opportunity to be at the centre of the development for this app, and to become part of a newly formed and growing team
- This is being built using AWS cloud based technologies leveraging some of the great work already taken place at the bank
What you'll do
You'll be working on new technologies that will include interactions with the Artificial Intelligence team who power the customer facing apps insights. You'll liaise with lead engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand the objectives and requirements.
In this role you'll:
- Deliver well thought out estimates after a thorough consideration of design, build and testing complexity, as well as maintainability and serviceability
- Design and develop high-volume, high-performance, high-availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies
- Design and develop reusable libraries and APIs for use across the bank, and software that is amenable for greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments
- Drive the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams
- Deliver software components to enable the delivery of bank platforms, applications and services
- Write unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality
- Be responsible for work quality, ensuring it meets the technical standards for all services output
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced agile delivery environment.
We're looking for:
- Detailed hands-on experience in AWS platforms management (key services include Elastic Beanstalk, EMR, DynamoDB/RDS, KMS, Lambda, API Gateway)
- Experience with architecting, implementing and supporting CI and CD pipelines for mobile applications, microservice and container architectures
- In-depth experience in implementing full-stack monitoring and alerting frameworks
- Advanced infrastructure-as-code experience in Terraform and CloudFormation
- Advanced config and deployment scripting and automation skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.