About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
The Director for Investors primarily supports the Senior Relationship Managers in their roles as strategic partner to the client. The Director also manages their own pool of Clients. In both functions they are accountable for the overall client group relationship and engagement, revenues and profitability, and risk acceptance (AML, CDD and Credit). They are responsible for establishing and maintaining the end to end client lifecycle and is expected to have a deep understanding of the Funds market and its key drivers in order to develop and execute the client account plans. Summary
- Support and lead the origination and client relationship management of the European team's portfolio of Real Money Fund and Hedge Fund Financial Institution Clients
- Focus on a range of Institutional banking products and services, particularly in Financial Markets and Transaction Banking, with emphasis on those delivering non-financing revenue (NFR) Active engagement and ability to build and maintain high level c-suite contacts within client subset
- Maintain a strong working relationship with Credit, Legal and Compliance and other key stakeholder
- Actively contribute toward executing the Global Investors Strategy and develop client level strategic initiatives to support the business growth aspirations
- Lead the development and implementation of the client strategy for the designated portfolio as identified through the account planning process
- Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, costs, RORWA etc)
- Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk
- New client origination, selecting clients where the bank can actively demonstrate its value-add proposition using its unique footprint and product set
- Actively originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on the bank's competitive attributes (eg EM Financial Markets, Network, Transaction Banking etc), whilst selectively developing new relationships where requireEngage senior management and decision makers of key clients to improve the quality of dialogue with clients promoting a move away from "transactional" reactive client coverage to consistent value-added partner / trusted advisor status. Anticipate clients' needs and provide strategic advice, bringing in the relevant product and industry partners as appropriate
- Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships across the designated portfolio both at the most senior level as well as at the operating level in the client's business
- Professionally represent Standard Chartered within the Region and Internationally
- Bring strategic thought to how the Investors landscape regionally / globally is changing and where areas of international growth lie
- Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed
- Stay abreast and anticipate the developments of the sectors in which our clients operate
People and Talent
- Proactively manage the designated client portfolio to ensure:
- Close ties exist with key stakeholders eg Financial Markets, Transaction Banking, Corporate Finance, Risk, Country CEOs, Service Delivery etc
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed
- The client portfolio is managed in line within the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute to policy formation
- Key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework and managed appropriately
- All sales disciplines are adhered to in accordance with Corporate and Investment Banking standards (including Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management)
- Actively contribute to the development of other team members including knowledge transfer and leading / identifying other developmental opportunities which may be relevant
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters providing proactive advice to clients as identified
- Ensure that key regulatory risk and concerns are raised into governance / operational risk framework
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which Group operates and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Responsible for delivering "effective governance"; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Contribute to the European Funds team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to PRA / FCA prescribed responsibilities and rationale for allocation
- Senior Relationship Managers
- Engage with product partners within the region and globally to ensure breadth and depth of client coverage and deepening
- Engage with Client Managers on relevant client account management activities
- Consult with senior stakeholders in Risk and Legal & Compliance to ensure that the portfolio remains credit worthy and within the policies of the bank
- FI Leadership Team and Regional Head of Funds Europe
- Designated point of contact with Funds clients, acting as a trusted advisor / value added partner
- Peers in the Investors Sector
- Industry service providers, Legal, Accountancy and rating agencies
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed "Here for Good" and Group's brand and values at all times
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Relevant banking experience in industry sector or other relevant environment
- Bachelor's degree in Banking or Finance preferred
- Business Data Analysis knowledge
- Funds knowledge & experience
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Valued Behaviour Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.