EMEA Head of Risk Governance – Executive Director
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the Firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
The Risk Management Division comprises Market, Credit, and Operational Risk, together with Risk Governance, Risk Infrastructure, Risk Analytics and Portfolio Risk.
The EMEA Risk Governance function created in light of the increased focus on demonstrating the effectiveness of control frameworks across risk management. The principal objective is to ensure EMEA risk governance and oversight is in line with local regulation and best practice and help ensure a consistent approach in dealing with regulators. The team focuses on Regulatory Compliance, Regulatory Liaison, Policy Development and Governance.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced Executive Director to manage the Risk Governance team within the EMEA Risk Management Division.
The responsibilities also include:
• Providing an advisory role across risk management focusing on governance
• Managing the PRA regulatory relationship including coordination of regulatory visits and responses to PRA feedback
• Providing assurance of compliance with regulatory requirements
• Monitoring and assessing new regulatory requirements
• Development of EMEA Risk Management policies and procedures
• Managing EMEA Risk Management Committees, firm-wide Risk Committee and EMEA and Global Electronic Trading Governance Committees
• Leading the development and implementation of the Risk Management Framework and the submission of the Model Applications
• Ad-hoc initiatives
• Bachelor degree or equivalent, ideally in Finance, Economics, Law or similar
• Business knowledge of capital markets (sales and trading)
• Prior experience in risk management or governance roles within a wholesale financial services environment
• Business writing experience, with particular emphasis on policies, standards, guidelines etc.
• Project management experience
• Strategic thinker with the confidence to take ideas forward and to challenge others, where appropriate
• Understanding of banking regulation relating to risk management
• Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise; ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to produce concise and effective presentations
• Ability to work in a small team environment, building and maintain a network of contacts and coordinating with a large number of stakeholders
• Experience in management by influence, facilitating and gaining consensus
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-CL1