Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. The Position
The EMEA Media Relations Manager is a newly created position at the firm and is responsible for developing and implementing media strategies designed to increase awareness and visibility for Wellington's EMEA business with the media and key external influencers. This role requires a communications professional with extensive experience in developing and supporting effective integrated communications programs that align with business priorities. This individual will work collaboratively with the Director of EMEA Marketing, Director of Corporate Communications and other senior executives and business leaders. This role supports EMEA business activity and will be located in London. This position reports to the Director of EMEA Marketing. Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Corporate and Senior Management Communications: Create and maintain high quality corporate messages and materials (e.g. press releases, talking points, media statements, Q&As) that communicate brand strengths, company developments, DE&I and other strategic priorities through a variety of communications vehicles (written, video, social). Elevate executive visibility by partnering closely with key executives and becoming a trusted advisor.
- Lead the development and execution of media relations strategies and plans aimed at sharing Wellington corporate stories, promoting Wellington's multi-faceted investment capabilities and enhancing the firm's corporate image.
- Coordinate all media interviews (scheduling, preparation, facilitation and follow up)
- Serve as company spokesperson (as needed).
- Bespoke Media Relations Plans and Programs
- Campaigns: Develop integrated media relations plans and execution strategies to support various campaigns including Wealth, Sustainable Investing, Alternatives. Create powerful messages and storylines and design proactive outreach approaches. Manage incoming media inquiries.
- Fund Launches: Write and distribute press releases supporting the introduction of new funds and investment strategies.
- Local Channels: Develop relevant communications strategies across four regions: UK, northern Europe, southern Europe, DACH.
- Agency Partner Coordination: Serve as a liaison to the PR agency and a direct contact for the media. Coordinate activities of agency partners in UK, Italy and Germany and with future agency partners. Support the execution of media strategies; maintain relationships with key journalists; oversee budgets.
- Develop, maintain and enhance Wellington's relationships with targeted media outlets to assure that the brand is known, local leadership is recognized and firm focus areas and initiatives are understood with regional media targets.
- Global Marketing Integration: Align activities with global media relations (U.S. and APAC), product marketing, digital marketing (including social media and corporate website), channel strategy and events teams.
- Metrics and Measurement : Monitor media coverage and disseminate internally; coordinate quarterly metrics analysis and reporting with global program; leverage Signal and Roxhill platforms.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience working in the financial services and/or asset management industry
- Established press contacts and relationships
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong collaborator - ability to engage with multiple stakeholders and quickly build relationships needed to accomplish program objectives
- Experience in working across borders (particularly in continental Europe and with colleagues in the U.S. and Asia), time zones and cultures
- Sound judgment on media, reputation, messaging and stakeholder engagement - the ability to assess subjective criteria and make sound judgements
- Experienced communications leader: creative, self-motivated, agile
- Well organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple priorities
- High energy/self-starter with the ability to work independently and to navigate a large, complex global organization
- Multiple language speaker a plus
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .