Global Energy Trading business is now seeking an experienced Front Office Business Analyst to join their London based team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with energy trading and ETRM experience.
Working in the Front Office the role will be focussed on the needs of the Trading, Operations and MO teams and will cover:
- The Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) Applications
- In-house tools created by Trading Analysts, IT FO Developers and IT BI Developers to support live pricing, flash P&L, live exposure reporting and portfolio trading / optimisation
The Business Analyst will play a key part in helping the FO use and improve the ETRM applications and delivering integrated FO IT tools. They will have a strong understanding of market risk, mark-to-market valuation and the physical / financial trade lifecycle and will be required to use this experience to ensure different IT delivery teams meet FO requirements through a coherent and robust design.
The Business Analyst will work across 3rd line support, small change and projects and will be responsible for work in the following areas
- Helping users hands-on with 3rd line Support issues in the ETRM, FO Tools or associated interfaces
- Analysing user problems and identifying root causes
- Managing issues to resolution via IT Support, IT Development or the Business Teams
Small Change and Projects
- Working with the users to identify their needs
- Documenting requirements in a structured way using plain English
- Creating worked examples and prototypes in Excel or other tools e.g. SQL, Power Query, PowerBI, VBA, Python etc.
Performing hands-on system analysis to identify change requirements in the ETRM or FO Tools
- testing changes to ETRM configuration, working with Excel/Power query/BI tools to prototype reports, creating Excel tools to test or demonstrate key features of a proposed design
- Working with other members of the IT team or Vendors to estimate changes
- Running prioritisation and status update meetings with users around their backlog
- Working as functional ‘Product Owner’ as part of the IT delivery team during development, testing and UAT
- Tracking and chasing actions with other teams across IT and the business
- Running training and UAT
- Supporting release planning and go-live
The Business Analyst will be required to be proactive in engaging with users and working with them in a collaborative and open manner. They must be able to communicate effectively including running meetings to get consensus on how to approach complicated problems across large groups. They must be comfortable and adapt their style as needed to work effectively in small agile teams. They will be required to be a self-starter and effective at working independently. Their analysis work must be structured and methodical, at the same time as taking a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
To be considered for this role you should have:
- 5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst in Trading / Risk Management IT within a trading house, investment bank, or through a tier-1 vendor/consultancy
- Strong understanding of the physical / financial commodity trade lifecycle, risk reporting and valuation (including vanilla options)
- Advanced Excel user and experience in building complex Excel models
- Experience using ETRM or Risk System e.g. Allegro, Endur, Aspect, Cube Logic, FEA, Lacima, ZEMA, Datagenics:
- Highly analytical and numerate with strong attention to detail
- Adaptable with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Confident and effective communicator with professional and approachable manner
- Self-starter with pragmatic approach to problem solving and delivery-mindset
- Ability to work under pressure in Trading environment