Enterprise Data - Data Content Specialist
- London, England, Großbritannien London England GB
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
Data professionals - on both the buy and sell sides - are under mounting pressure to do more with less, as demands to reduce operational risk and increase operational efficiency have never been greater. While firms acknowledge the need for enterprise-wide data consistency, ensuring its timeliness, quality, delivery, reliability and distribution remains a pervasive challenge. Firms that commit to utilizing only highest-quality data can eliminate the data inconsistencies inherent to working with multiple vendors and lower their costs overall. A partnership with Bloomberg Enterprise Data allows just this, giving them strategic advantage.
What's the role?
Our Content Specialists serve as the primary point of contact for the content-related needs of Bloomberg Enterprise Data (ED) customers. As a liaison between the customer, ED teams and other Bloomberg colleagues, you will maintain ownership of all client content interaction during the pre-sale process and as well as assist in post-sales questions. You will be expert in assessing customer and application content needs, including feature sets, instrument universes and fields based on current and intended uses and marry those against Bloomberg's extensive data offerings.
You'll also be responsible for collaborating with the appropriate internal teams to obtain clarification on security and field behaviours and instrument availability. At times, you'll also instigate dialogue with internal and external business units in order to fill occasional content gaps identified through in results of your analysis. You'll possess outstanding communication, analytical and organisational skills, facing off to clients as well as multiple internal groups with the overall intent of driving success for the Company and delivering world class service to our clients.
Business fluency in French or Italian would be great, although not essential.
We'll trust you to concentrate on the below 3 core areas;
1) Content gathering and pre-engagement analysis:
- Provide specialist content related input to the Client Engagement Document and any other pre-sales documents and proposals
- Work with the client to understand their entire content needs:
- Identifying the clients BPS user data requirements, identifying any "out of policy" situations
- Ensuring the client data is available and working with the client on creative solutions where gaps exist
- Proactively engaging with clients' well-known migration scenarios such as SAPI to BPIPE and DAPI to DL
- Managing data related migration issues to resolution
- Identifying and mitigating logistical dependencies that may hinder the client access to data such as exchange or contributor enablements and approvals
- Understanding the clients data distribution requirements and working with the TAM and the rest of the engagement team to recommend a solution
- Developing a deep understanding of the data delivery mechanisms within ES in order to recommend the most suitable for the needs of the client
- Provide Bloomberg Symbology for all instruments/fields required by client applications
- Assist the Implementation Specialist with capacity projection/bandwidth analysis
- Understand user and application types and relevant internal, contributor and exchange data sets
- Provide new client training on the Bloomberg data model and Data License requests and file delivery tools
2) Manage Application content migration for all Bloomberg's Enterprise Products:
- Work alongside the TAM, Implementation Specialist and Technical Specialist through to client handover and go-live on the Real Time sales engagements and work closely with Enterprise Sales for all Reference data sales engagements
- Coordinate and interact with Global Data teams and Product Managers to obtain clarificationon field definition/behaviour and instrument availability
- Liaise with business units (both internal and external to Bloomberg) to coordinate the activities needed to fill any gaps identified during the pre-sales assessment
- Ensure the shortest possible time to application go-live while maintaining high standards of work practices
- Ensure the TAM is appraised of all content-related risks and milestones
- Train clients in the self-service data model in order to make them more self sufficient
3) On-going client interaction and adoption:
- Provide training to Client Application Development Teams in regards to Bloomberg Instrument/Field Symbology and product functionality
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with content-related counterparts at assigned customer accounts
- Application migrations and growth
- Assist the TAM in driving adoption of Bloomberg Enterprise Solutions products and services
You'll need to have:
- Experience working with financial market data
- Broad knowledge of all asset types and instrument identifiers
- Proven Customer Service skills/experience
- Business proficiency in English, with French/Italian a plus
- Attention to detail with strong problem solving skills
- Previous knowledge and understanding of Enterprise data products is advantageous
- High level proficiency in Excel
- Python programming, VBA or other programming skills are advantageous
If this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.