Equities Technology - Client FIX Onboarding Engineer
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 Okt 18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop lowlatency, scalable, and resilient solutions which drive global equities sales and trading at Goldman Sachs.
The role is in the London FIX Onboarding team in Client Connectivity under GSET Engineering, which performs setup, testing and customization of FIX inbound and outbound sessions to the High Touch/ Low Touch trading. The team specifically focuses on the technical aspects of on-boarding clients to trade electronically (using the FIX Protocol) for all products and markets offered by Goldman Sachs. The team also provide expertise and support on any FIX related inquiries to the relevant business and application teams.
In this role 50% of the time will involve full stack development working on the onboarding toolset and automating aspects of the onboarding process. Additionally you will work closely with stakeholders from the initial request, gathering requirements, evaluating specifications, coordinating testing, managing the change process, implementing client specific rules and set-up.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Increase the level of automation of the FIX Onboarding process to reduce manual onboarding work, while improving efficiency and quality of the GSET Client Onboarding workflow
- Build new APIs for integrating with existing work flow tools
- Build and Improve User Interfaces used by Global FIX Onboarding Team
- Utilizing existing and newly developed tools to make changes to FIX configuration for existing and new GSET clients
- Perform required maintenance and support including troubleshooting of production and pre-production issues
- Participate in QA testing of FIX messaging with clients and vendors for High Touch Cash, Low Touch Algo/SOR, IOI etc. flows
- Relevant qualifications in engineering, computer science or an equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full stack development experience of 2+ years in Angular/Java (or similar)
- 2-5 years' experience in a similar hybrid technical / business-facing role
- Python or similar scripting language experience in a Linux environment
- Relational (Sybase, DB2) and non-relational (Mongo DB etc) database experience
- Electronic Trading and FIX Onboarding domain knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of Networks and TCP/IP, Firewalls, VPN is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.