- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Credit Suisse -
- 15 Dez 18
Experienced Java Developer # 118305
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
The RDx Technology group develops and operates a set of front-to-back applications that support P&L and market risk calculations for all Global Markets businesses. The RDx Core Capabilities team owns and develops the core technology components which enable these applications.
The heart of this RDx platform is the Risk Data Fabric (RDF), a 'big data' store which provides a consistent data store for trade, P&L and reference data across all Global Markets business lines. On top of this we develop and support a graph-based calculation layer which enables on-demand risk and scenario calculations to both front office and risk management users.
Along with the data store and calculation layer the team also develops Risk Data Algebra (RDA) a suite of software which enables the aggregation and manipulation (slicing & dicing) of large volumes of data and the representation of that data into consistent GUIs and reports. All of this technology is underpinned by our Risk Definition Language (RDL) which describes all the data structures within the RDx platform.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
We are looking for a knowledgeable, flexible and innovative Java developer to join the team and to help us to evolve our platform to handle the broad challenges which arise from being core to the future of the Credit Suisse Global Markets business. Is this you?
- She/he will be degree educated with a mathematical/computational degree or similar (Engineering or Physics for example) or equivalent work experience.
- You will be eager to be challenged including the ability to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution.
- Flexible and adaptable, being willing to move focus between components and projects easily.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prior experience in the financial services sector, and risk technology, is a benefit but not essential.
- Strong design and development skills on Core Java and Web services (Data structures, Algorithms, Deployment).
- JVM monitoring, profiling, performance tuning and debugging.
- Extensive experience in concurrent and distributed server development.
- Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development approach to software development.
- Java 8 and Functional Design Paradigms. Including knowledge of streams and lambdas.
- Java Web based technologies and containers.
- Large Scale Distributed Computing, Micro services, and Cloud deployment.
- Good understanding of Operating System fundamentals (Linux/Windows).
For more information visit Technology Careers .
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.