FIG Coverage M/F - Corporate and Investment Banking London
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities:
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
- Perform economic and financial analysis on key clients and prospects.
- Conduct industry research including: peer analysis, sector/country studies.
- Prepare presentation and marketing materials for use in client meetings, covering topics such as financing alternatives, capital markets activity, correspondent banking & cash management, etc.
- Conduct internal reviews and follow up action plan per client/portfolio: analyse business potential and cross selling opportunities, participate in meetings with salespeople to identify the opportunities/gaps.
- Participate to the team development: optimising existing systems and processes, proposing new projects
- Monitor market trends and track client performance.
- Understand the impact of new regulation, market evolution on of Financial Institutions and SG offering (including AQR, Basel III, Solvency II, MIFID, EMIR )
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com . Profile Required
You are graduated with a Master degree from Engineering or Business School or University
Self-starter with proactive approach to their work with the ability to work without direct supervision when requested
Strong communication (written and spoken) and presentation skills; with the ability to engage with senior personnel in a high-pressure environment (notably the trading floor)
The role will involve working in a fast paced and demanding environment. It requires an individual who has a strong interest in/ and understanding of financial markets, who is curious to learn and takes initiative.
Proven analytical, computer and interpersonal skills
Proficient in Excel, VBA and PowerPoint
Very good organisational skills
Good interpersonal skills
Resilient Why Join Us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad. Business Insight
GLBA is the Coverage and Investment Banking division of SGCIB GLBA offers clients the whole range of services offered by the bank, with particular focus on cross-selling the capital markets offering.GLBA/FIG is in charge of the relationships and develops business with SG's Financial Institution clients. The team is composed of Senior Bankers and Senior Relationship Managers (SRM) who are assigned a portfolio of clients and whose primary operational responsibilities are to:
- Manage the overall client relationship in order for SG to be seen as a long-term partner
- Build network across C-suite, decision-makers, dealers and facilitators
- Understand client requirements, identify gaps in coverage, and work with front office salespeople to pitch suitable solutions and services
- Develop detailed client plans to establish pipeline opportunities/ priorities for resource planning
- Promote cross-selling, diversify revenue streams to support sustainable long-term business flow
- Supporting business lines on risk related issues
At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you're joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000K0J
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 01/01/2021
Date of publication: 15/09/2020
FIG Coverage M/F
International Volunteer Program | London | Corporate and Investment Banking