We are now recruiting for a newly-created Manager-grade FP&A role with our client, a successful market-leading global financial services PLC. They are looking for a Fully-Qualified (preferably ACA / CA / CPA) candidate with Big 4 professional training with strong financial modelling experience. The FP&A team are the forward-looking analytical engine of the Group Finance function, building robust, clear / simple / easy to use models, carrying out sensitivity / scenario analysis, and engaging with various stakeholders across the business to assist in commercial decision-making and analysis.
- Big 4 trained ACA with min. 3-5 years of PQE
- Either from Transaction Services (highly welcomed) or Big 4 training with industry FP&A experience within a PLC environment
- Hands-on financial modelling building experience
- Excellent communication skills and commercial sense
The Group Finance division is responsible for the overall Finance support across all areas the business. Group Finance is responsible for financial planning and analysis (FP&A), management reporting, financial accounting and tax, and works closely with investor relations, business divisions and other functions across the Group including regional Finance teams.
This is a high-profile role within the FP&A team and will report to the Group Head of FP&A. The role will have an overall responsibility to manage accurate and timely delivery of the Group planning and forecasting deliverables, including scenario analysis. This role will own Group-wide financial models and presentations to the required quality standard.
The position requires a suitably qualified accountant who will be an integral support for strategic business decision making through extensive financial modelling and analysis and bring transparency and rigour to the data and models used to make smart, data-driven decisions and aligning with our broader strategic and financial objectives.
Responsibilities and remit:
This is an exciting time to be joining a growing function within Group Finance with a mandate to provide insight and analysis to drive decisions, developing and executing the organisation's strategy and decisions, working closely with the business and the wider organisation.
Data analysis / financial modelling:
- Ownership for developing and maintaining the Group financial models that are used for forecasting. Apply advanced Excel financial modelling skills and perform scenario analysis and drive development of dashboards to bring numbers to life.
- Collate and summarise data from various sources (various systems), and work with several stakeholders and colleagues to obtain, understand and articulate the data.
- Automate data extraction, collection and manipulation and continuously look for process improvement and operate in an agile and dynamic way.
Forecasting and Reporting / Business Partnering
- Develop strategic business plans, drawing meaningful conclusions from varied inputs and articulate story to a number of different stakeholders.
- Develop executive presentations, Board packs and other internal and external reporting and work closely with investor relations on external messaging.
- Partner with the business division teams to understand and analyse business performance and identifying risks and opportunities.
- Draft internal and external reports.
Projects / Ad hoc:
- Work on Corporate Development / M&A / Strategy related projects.
- Undertake regular quality checks to ensure adequacy, accuracy, legitimacy of data and manage actions to resolve non-compliance.
- Providing ad-hoc decision support and insight.
Experience and Technical Skills Required:
- Qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent with several years of industry experience.
- Experience in the Group FP&A / strategic finance of another PLC and/or experience in either Transaction Services (highly desirable), Investment Banking / M&A or Equity Research.
- Advanced Excel knowledge (modelling, pivots and advanced formulas).
- Advanced PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Experience with forecasting tools is beneficial but not essential.
- Financial Services industry experience preferred but not essential