FS Advisory, Cloud Architecture, Manager- Capital Markets
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 15 Feb 19
FS Advisory, Cloud Architecture, Manager- Capital Markets
The financial services industry is currently undergoing a period of unparalleled change. Since the financial crisis, banks and financial institutions have been subjected to more stringent regulations, increased supervision and overall global economic instability. These changes have not come without a cost and has made these institutions re-evaluate the way they have been doing business traditionally. Moreover, the proliferation of technological advances including disruptive technologies and digital are compounding the pressures of maintaining competitiveness, being adaptable and increasing profit margins.
EY Data and Analytics (DnA) practice is at the heart of this sea change in financial services and is working unreservedly with some of the biggest market players to enable, strengthen and help navigate through their journey as trusted advisors. Our clients need the vision to articulate the big picture and the precision to see the smallest of details. Information and intelligence are the assets which enable this, and our DnA practice provides innovative approaches to unlocking this information, solving many of our clients' biggest challenges.
Consequently the practice is experiencing huge demand of its business services and is currently aggressively expanding in particular is looking to recruit high calibre individuals at Manager and Executive level with well-developed consulting skills and good knowledge of Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
In order to be successful, you will apply your knowledge and experience to support the delivery of key projects, build valuable relationships both within EY and with clients, and develop strong capabilities through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
What do we do?
Our teams analyse, design, recommend and implement performance improvement solutions for our valued Corporate & Investment Banking clients in the following areas:
- Define and deliver target operating model
- Cost reduction initiatives
- System selection and implementation
- Application architecture review and simplification
- Implementation of New technologies such as Digital, BiG Data, Machine Learning etc.
- Data strategy
- Data management
- Data analytics
Manager Responsibilities include:
- Managing a client assignment;
- Developing long-term trusted advisor relationships;
- Identifying opportunities for and securing new business;
- Aiding proposals and bid teams;
- Developing high quality technical proposals;
- Managing on-site EY teams;
- Liaising with service line teams, functional specialists and partners focussed on Corporate & Investment Banking domain;
- Helping to develop the Capital Markets practice
- Ambition to build / develop a career in advising Corporate and Investment Banking clients
- Strong interest and commitment to developing and delivering leading edge solutions to industry clients
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality output against stated project objectives and meet tight deadlines
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to develop impactful written presentations and participate effectively in meetings with senior clients
- Team player who openly supports, encourages and shares knowledge with colleagues
- Ability to work under limited supervision ('self-starter') in unstructured environments
- Flexibility to travel to, and work in, other locations is essential
Following technical skills would be required for the above roles -
- Enterprise architecture
- System implementation
- Data Mapping
- Data architecture
- Data warehousing
- Data governance, lineage, quality and sourcing and associated tools such as Collibra, AbInitio, Trillium
- Data Analytics toolsets such as SAS Analytics, IBM Watson, Spotfire or Tableau
- Big Data technologies (such as Hadoop)
- Package selection
Big Data and Cloud are key growth areas for us and we're looking for exceptional candidates with a mixture of the following skills
- Experience with range of data tools, for example: SAS, Teradata, AbInitio, MarkLogic, Spotfire, Tableau, Cloudera, Informatica, Qlikview; Experience with front office tools such as Summit, Murex, Calypso, Datatech would be preferable
- Hands-on experience delivering Big Data projects in either a technical or project management/scrum master capacity
- Familiarity with technologies including Hive, Spark, Atlas, Ranger, Sqoop, Nifi
- A understanding of patterns to implement enterprise Big Data security and governance
- A understanding of patterns to ingest data into a Big Data solution
- A knowledge of data modelling methodologies applicable in Big Data environments
- The ability to articulate Big Data use cases relevant in Financial Services
- A university degree, preferably in computer science, engineering, business and information or similar, with a minimum of a 2:1 (or equivalent), and ideally an MBA or MSc;
- Strong communication, presentation and business writing skills along with the ability to manage and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Experience supporting Cloud implementation projects.
- Experience defining and designing the appropriate Cloud architecture for applications and platforms
- Knowledge of either AWS, Azure or Google Cloud platform features and capabilities
- Experienced at producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise & Cloud environment
- Experience executing technical feasibility assessments for Cloud migrations
- Experience developing Cloud migration proposals and strategies.
- Experience managing Cloud risk & compliance assessments.
- Understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models
- Delivery experience on Docker Swarm, OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of DevOps technologies around Continuous Integration & Delivery
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.