Finance Analyst (Investment Monitoring & Valuations), Top Global Secondaries Fund, London, UK
About our client
Our client is a leading global secondaries fund providing liquidity solutions to many of the worlds leading private equity investors. As a Financial Analyst, you will be exposed to a broad range of areas in finance and will work closely with the treasury and fund reporting team. The role will cover work across new and existing investments alongside some cyclical work. This is an exciting opportunity to join a strong, collaborative and mutually supportive team. What the job involves
Who we are looking for
- Monitoring and confirming the accuracy of investment valuations provided by underlying investment managers in "real time", down to a portfolio company level, primarily through reviewing and interpreting financial statement information.
- Ensuring the accuracy and classification of cash flows as recorded in the bespoke investment monitoring system.
- Working alongside the tax team to manage complex underlying structures, and the teams administering them in a wide range of jurisdictions.
- Supporting the investment team with analysis such as fund exposure and historic performance.
- Summarising the performance of the portfolio valuations in a quarterly review pack.
- Partnering with the investor relations team to deliver investment performance analysis for investors and aiding fundraising through the review of investment materials.
- Newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, OR CIMA)
- Strong organisational and motivational skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience in a well regarded accountacy firm or within a PE. firm/asset manager would be desirable.
- Familiarity with senior stakeholder interaction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to create, develop and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to take responsibility for significant areas of work and deliver with minimal supervision showing an accountable and proactive approach.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude; places value on and contributes to a collaborative and supportive team culture.