Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours , we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom. About you
About the programme
- To be eligible for our Finance internship, you'll need be in your penultimate year of university and be on track to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We're looking for analytical thinkers who"can"overcome a range of challenges, and demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal"skills
- You'll show real initiative and resourcefulness when it comes to your work, with a meticulous approach to problem solving and attention to detail
If you would like to use your analytical skills to see how we use data to make decisions to improve what matters to our customers and are interested in developing your relationship management skills then o ur Finance Internship Programme could be right for you.
Over the course of t his eight - week internship , you'll d evelop your knowledge " on " the ever-changing financial services environment , whilst h elp ing us to provide the commercial and financial insights and analysis we need to support our key business decisions.
This internship w i ll give you a taste of what it's like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
We'll reward you with a starting " salary " of £ 22,600 .
For eight weeks, you can expect to:
- Learn about our"culture,"values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Attend training workshops, get involved with our day-to-day work, and take part in a business improvement project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver"an"outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it's like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making
- Gain an understanding of the design and implementation of new organisational structures within Finance
- Take part in projects to help us become more efficient, embedding continuous improvement
- Have exposure to budget cycles and forecasting work
At the end of the placement, we'll assess you on what you've learned. Complete this successfully and you could be offered a place on our 2024 " Finance Graduate Programme, where you can carry the skills you've learnt forward and take the next step in your career. About the business area
Our customers expect " their money to be well managed. In Finance we help our colleagues to make clear decisions while " developing the right long-term financial strategy. " "
We tie together all the financial activity across " the bank " through analysis, insights and reporting. It's our job to manage the bank's balance sheet, report on our financial performance, " and make sure we ' re making the right decisions for our customers.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we'll close the programme to new applications. It's important to take the time to make sure you're making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Intern ship programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don't miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.