Our client is an award-winning Private Equity firm with an impressive track record of performance. With offices in London and New York (and 5 other offices globally), the company has an excellent reputation in the market and has been a growth story. They are now recruiting for a fully-qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) Financial Controller to join the Finance team covering the firm’s entities in US, UK, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Along with a positive working environment and collaborative/friendly team, this opportunity would give the individual to join a highly-successful business that is currently going through a very exciting and dynamic period in its history. The role would have responsibility for managing 1 person directly (and 1 other person indirectly).
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) candidate with solid post-qualification work experience, preferably from the investment management or financial services sector (but also open to other sectors)
- Strong academic grades (min. 2.1 from university with good A’ Level and GCSE grades)
- Well-rounded finance accounting skills covering hands-on involvement with financial control, the yearly audit, tax compliance, treasury operations (this aspect of the role is quite vanilla / not very complex) core month-end processes, statutory and management accounts production, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and a social personality
The overall responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Oversight of month-end close of 4 entities (UK, US, Hong Kong, Singapore)
- Financial regulatory reporting for US and Asian entities – review, submission, co-ordination with Compliance department, implementation of new requirements when they arise, regulatory capital forecast
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Preparation of information for corporation tax returns and co-ordination with external tax advisors
- Treasury - maintenance of bank accounts and relationships with bank account managers
- Preparation of statutory accounts and management of year-end audit of 4 entities (UK, US, Hong Kong, Singapore)
- Management of one direct report
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Identify and implement improvements to drive more robust and efficient operational processes for financial reporting
- Support strategic projects and other ad hoc financial analysis and reporting as required
- The successful candidate will play an important and integral role in the ongoing development of the Finance function to support the continued growth of the business, reporting to the Head of Finance. The role will be based in Central London (with hybrid working).
- Degree educated (2.1 or higher) or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years post qualified with an accounting qualification
- 8+ years of experience in similar role within financial or professional services
- Advanced Excel and modelling skills (vlookup, pivot tables)
- Highly organised and efficient self-starter, ability to multitask and prioritise own workload
- Team player with a high level of integrity, a positive “can-do” attitude, and an eagerness to learn and help other members of the team
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive with hands on attitude and ability to work independently
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in managing and developing others
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of accounting software (Sage 50/QuickBooks/Other)