About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Controls Analyst.
Wells Fargo is seeking a highly motivated individual to join a team of COSO (Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission) testing professionals for SEC (Securities & Exchange Commission) and Regulatory Reporting who will have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial/risk/regulatory reporting infrastructure. The Business COSO Testing team is a component of Enterprise Controls & Oversight Group in Corporate Controllers.
The Business COSO team supports the Company's on-going objective of maintaining an industry leading financial reporting control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
In this role, you will:
- Providing meaningful assessments of financial and regulatory reporting control environment;
- Overseeing compliance with Well Fargo & Company's COSO based policies for internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going compliance with the COSO polices (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters);
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders;
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts;
- Providing process and control support and thought leadership for projects;
- Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on control related matters.
Required Qualifications, International:
- Performing COSO Monitoring team responsibilities including:
- Performing walkthroughs of significant processes and ensure required COSO documentation is accurate and reflects relevant risk and key controls;
- Validating and challenging risk assessment conclusions, including assessing the appropriateness and completeness of key risk and key controls identified;
- Validating and providing credible challenge to identified shared services, third party service providers, and significant applications;
- Performing COSO testing of key controls, including design effectiveness assessments and operating effectiveness testing;
- Validating and challenging documentation of control deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated impact, and corrective actions;
- Analyzing the severity of control deficiencies, both individually and in the aggregate, and the impact to internal control over financial reporting;
- Assessing the components of internal control for the business unit;
- Monitoring open control deficiencies and validating corrective actions;
- Communicating findings to key stakeholders timely and drafting written reports of findings
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the SEC and Regulatory Reporting internal control infrastructures;
- Assisting with projects impacting the team including implementing the Company's Regulatory Reporting Governance & Oversight Policy and the COSO Policy;
- Working with team members across international locations; and
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
- Experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A BSc degree or higher in one of a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- A professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, CIMA or ACCA;
- Big four public accounting experience in Banking & Financial Services
- Knowledge and understanding of banking regulations
- Internal controls testing experience
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed team including both on-shore and off-shore locations;
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Experience presenting technical concepts to senior leaders
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
We Value Diversity
- Experience with large financial institutions
- Experience with governance and oversight accountabilities
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.