High Growth Insurance Broker is currently searching for a Finance Manager to join their Financial Risk Management and Assurance team based in London. The team sits in the Group 2nd line of defence through its financial risk management and internal control environment. The key purpose of the role will be working with each business (1LOD) to evaluate their existing control environment, identify gaps / improvements that may require remediation and ensuring the businesses regularly attest the controls that are in operation.
- Key role in maintaining the Group’s Financial Control Policies
- Take responsibility of the roll out of Financial Control Policies globally
- Involved in the roll out of OneStream a new system to record attestations, balance sheet reconciliations and management and reporting of compliance
- Perform business reviews to evaluate the existing financial control environment and identify gaps / improvements that may be required (some overseas travel required)
- Work with key partners to remediate any financial control review gaps / improvements identified
- Provide regular updates to Senior Stakeholders (including escalate issues)
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Currently working within the Big 4 in a Controls focused or Audit/Assurance role (Manager or Senior Manager) or proven experience in industry within a financial controls and governance role
- Prior experience in implementing SOX policies – ideal but not essential
- Proven ability to identify control gaps and the ability to provide solutions to resolve these
- Advanced Excel Skills
This role will involve regular interaction with key stakeholders across the Group and it is therefore essential that you have strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills. The position has high visibility to senior management which will offer realistic career progression opportunities through internal mobility as the company continues its rapid growth.