Our client is a leading global investor into Renewables focussing on the emerging markets. They are looking for an exceptional financial modeller to join the small and friendly team
Purpose of the role
- Responsible for the preparation, analysis and review of financial models
- Key deliverables include the provision of robust project finance models for the purposes of investment decisions, corporate consolidated models for portfolio management, and the provision of relevant analysis .
- The role will also play a critical part in supporting project and corporate finance activities, as well as to the Business Development team.
Working in the small team in the production and maintenance of financial models relating to all business requirements including the corporate model and greenfield project models. Such models will be:
- auditable, fit for purpose, delivered on a timely basis, and include an outline of assumptions, economic outcomes and key sensitivities
- Define inputs and assumptions, including compilation of financial model databooks, to accurately reflect legal commercial agreements, requiring liaison with other project team members and subject matter experts (e.g. finance, corporate finance, legal, engineering, technical advisers, PR, HR, external advisors, operating subsidiaries etc. as appropriate)
- Provide analysis to support overall project review and approval processes, including identification of key risks and sensitivity analysis
- Regular updates of models for changes/actual performance for projects under construction and operational projects.
- Review of financial models where required
- Maintain key data and information to support the business for areas of responsibility including:
- Sector and competitor fundamentals; ongoing analysis of electricity markets specific countries (e.g. trends in demand, supply, regulation, competition, transactions etc)
- Financial and commodity data used as key inputs to project models
- Country evaluations
- Post-acquisition asset management support, including updated forecast financial models and budget support where required
- working to prepare Board papers and presentation
- Ad hoc financial modelling / analysis as required
• Greenfield project finance financial modelling
• Project finance and associated hedging
• Due diligence
• Transaction / financial structuring
• Commercial review of legal documents
• Fluent in English language (French and/or Arabic would be desirable).
Applications from individuals with background under represented in the financial services are actively encouraged.