To build an effective and efficient financial planning and budgeting services for GBS managing monthly, interim and annual reporting, budgeting and forecasting and to support the provision of management information. To manage account receivable service with dedicated income collection from partners and students and to control debt collection process. This is a strategic role that requires the post-holder to develop strong financial planning and conversion strategies that ensure the GBS continues to stand at financially strong position in a challenging economic climate.
- Provide high quality strategic financial information with reliable forecasts
- Conduct short, medium and long term planning for the school with detailed scenario analysis and financial modelling
- Develop and present timely based management information and report to senior management team
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis and reports
- Prepare interim and annual financial data for budgeting with detailed forecast of financial position and regular engagement and meetings with budget holders
- Conduct financial viability and sustainability report
- Provide detailed risk analysis in both short and long term basis
- Manage the daily operations of the Student Finance Team to reach target income schedule. Workloads must be prioritised to ensure that service level agreements are met and key deadlines achieved.
- To maintain accurate records in accordance with GBS requirements, ensuring compliance and maintenance of relevant systems.
- To undertake CPD as directed from time to time in order to maintain currency in the specialist area
- Keep all documentation/records up-to-date and in order.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 year experience of financial planning and budgeting
- Excellent communication skills
- A high degree of computer literacy and Microsoft Office and advanced Microsoft Excel
- The ability to use statistics and database management
- Relevant financial qualification such as CIMA, ACA or ACCA