Senior engineer wanted who has a genuine passion for technology to work in our Trading Platform Team to performance tune, functionally enhance, and modernise our multi-asset Order Management System, serving the requirements of all the investment engines within Man Group.
We are looking for highly skilled senior engineers with a genuine passion for technology to work in our Trading Platform Team to performance tune, functionally enhance, and modernise our multi-asset Order Management System, serving the requirements of all the investment engines within Man Group. This is a high-profile role that will offer the potential for extensive interaction with business stakeholders and senior management across Man Group, so would suit individuals who thrive in those environments.
Technology is central to Man's business strategy and we are constantly looking at better ways of doing things. Our culture embraces change, here at Man, change is the norm rather than the exception in a constantly evolving organisation and industry.
We're fortunate enough to have a fantastic open-plan office overlooking the River Thames, and continually strive to make our environment a great place in which to work. We offer competitive compensation, a generous holiday allowance, along with various health and other flexible benefits. We are also committed to continuous learning and development via coaching, mentoring, regular conference attendance and sponsoring academic and professional qualifications.
- Owning the end-to-end delivery process - from requirements gathering through to development, testing and coordinating deployment to production, monitoring and observability.
- Participating in/owning the planning, design and delivery of longer-term projects
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge sharing amongst peers
- View stakeholder interaction as integral to successful delivery
- Continuous improvement of production components such as reducing tech debt, increasing release quality and improving resource utilization
- Encourage and drive adoption of best practices and help improve business knowledge and understanding within the team
- Strong delivery focused approach, ensuring business value is being met
- C# and .NET experience gained from working within the Financial Services
- Knowledge of React and TypeScript would be very beneficial
- Query writing, schema design and performance tuning in MS SQL Server (2017)
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB
- Knowledge of Kafka and other modern messaging/event-streaming technologies
- Proponent of collaborative software engineering techniques and methods
- Confident communicator; able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views
- UI/UX Knowledge and experience of putting together highly intuitive and elegant front ends.
- Any experience of WPF and WCF is advantageous
- Any buy-side experience is a bonus, not a requirement
- Experience in either building or supporting an off-the-shelf OMS such as Charles River/Aladdin again is a bonus, not a requirement
- Experience in building highly scalable, available and performant event-based systems.