Full Stack Java Developer –Client Services IT - Associate
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Nov 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley’s Investment Management IT, Client Services IT team is looking for a Full Stack Developer.
The Client Services team is responsible for developing and enhancing a number of software systems primarily involved with the management of account, client and product data. A wide variety of teams use this information across the Operations, Client Relationship Management, Financial Controllers Group, Product Development, Marketing and Legal groups. As such, the role gives a good grounding around the core data structures which support the Investment Management business.
You will be a technically proficient and enthusiastic developer, with a desire to work on the full stack in order to help engineer new and existing components. You will support different phases of the product lifecycle including working with the business users to understand their requirements, development, working with the QA team, deploying changes and working with the support group on supporting systems.
You will be expected to demand the best of yourself and your colleagues
You will ensure code quality and testing standards are upheld and enhanced
The role involves the development of new software and enhancement to existing systems. It also involves working with the business users to understand their requirements; communication with the QA team around running test cases and working with the support group on any unusual support issues.
Skills required (essential):
- In-depth knowledge of software development with Java
- Solid understanding of RDBMS and database application development
- Practical knowledge of source control and issue management tools, ideally Git/Perforce and JIRA
- Competence with Linux/Windows Operating Systems
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- A Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Commercial experience with the Spring (or similar IoC/DI) framework
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3
- Exposure to continuous integration, continuous delivery and SCRUM
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with functional programming
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux scripting development technologies
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.