Fullstack Engineer - Private Wealth Management - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Consumer & Wealth Management Division:
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals.
Private Wealth Management Digital Engineering Team:
- The Private Wealth management (PWM) business under Consumer Wealth Management division provides comprehensive Investment Management services and advice across a full-range of asset classes for very high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to service clients. This platform helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
- Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
We are looking for someone to join the PWM Digital Engineering team within CWM.
PWM Digital team of engineers develops integrated, web & mobile based solutions and strategic middleware services that provide PWM Sales Teams and Clients with detailed information on their financial portfolio & analytics, social collaboration platform and access to GS services and insights. Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems and have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
This role offers the opportunity to work with a nimble team of developers supporting the website, Goldman.com, used by firm's ultra-high net worth clients. We are looking to build best in class communications experience and collaboration between clients and advisors. Candidates will work directly with a variety of stakeholders, including ultra-high net worth product team, visual design team, operations team, and highly skilled engineering team and help in evolving and executing on the firm's digital strategy. The communications team is highly engaged in building a brand new Digital Vault, and continuously enhancing the Document Center so clients can review all their documents at one central place. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, RESTful Web Api, Kafka, Gradle/Maven etc
- Strong Analytical skills for technical and functional analysis & design
- Good communication skills & a team player to work in a Global team
- Solid experience in any relational database with SQL, and/or MongoDB
- Real Experience with Splash, Elasticsearch , Kibana, Logstash, Micro Service development.
- Sound knowledge of modern libraries & toolkits such as Guava, JodaTime etc for development-time, build-time and deployment-time activities.
- Be able to write awesome unit and integration test cases to make your software bullet-proof. Experience with test-driven development (e.g. jUnit, Mockito, Cucumber)
- Experience working with any distributed caches (Geode, Ignite, Cassandra etc ) is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Should have multiple years of hands-on experience in designing and developing REST based enterprise level web services in Java
- Should have complete understanding of version control strategies like GIT, SVN etc., continuous integration like Jenkins etc, deployment and configuration management tools.
- Should have experience in Test Driven Development with a strong focus on Contracts first implementation approach.
- Should have experience in debugging and fixing application issues including application performance improvements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in an environment calling for frequent, high-quality delivery
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity