Our client is an asset management consultancy based in the city. They are seeking a finalist level Fund Accountant with previous experience within a fund administration or alternative investments business environment. The individual will have a strong understanding of closed-ended and open-ended fund structures and will be looking to complete their accountancy qualification.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly fund NAVs.
- Responsible for reporting and transaction for fund vehicles and other investment vehicles.
- Fund cashflow forecasting.
- Quarterly fund reporting to investors.
- Assist with ad hoc management reporting.
- Assist with the review of cashflow and production of forecasts.
- Contribute towards FCA reporting and compliance with all financial regulations.
- Prepare drawdown and distribution calculation spreadsheets.
- Prepare equalisation calculations.
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT reporting for the various companies.
- Produce monthly management accounts including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cashflows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Prepare interim accounting report and year-end report and accounts for audit.
- Degree educated with strong academics.
- ACA/ACCA/CA finalist.
- Reasonable knowledge of UK, Luxembourg GAAP and IFRS.
- Good understanding of the legal and regulatory regimes applicable to UK and Luxembourg funds and SPVs.
- Hands-on style, independent, problem-solving approach.
- Proactive and ability to use own initiative.
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Approach issues with a “can do attitude”, driving tasks forward to a successful conclusion.
- Excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills for a high degree of client interaction.
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small but rapidly expanding company environment with focused and motivated individuals.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum: email@example.com quoting reference TM50789.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.