Fund Accountant - Hedge Fund
- Highly Competitive
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Finlay Gardener
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
Our client is a European based investment management organisation committed to providing investors with superior risk-adjusted returns. They currently manage an Event Driven Hedge Fund that has produced top tier returns since inception. The hedge fund is entirely owned and managed by the partners of the firm and operates from offices in London and Malta
**Please note, this role is to be based in the Maltese office**
The fund accounting function was formed in 2016 as the firm recognised the need for a dedicated function to bolster the reporting and control of the Funds and bring the firm up to an institutional level in this area.
As the firm continues to grow rapidly, there is a need for an additional Fund Accountant to work directly with the Head of Accounting to continue the expansion the function.
The accounting team focuses on four key areas; NAV Control; Fund Analytics; Statutory Reporting and Tax and Entity Structuring. The hire will provide extensive support to the head of fund accounting in running these core deliverables of the function.
This is a key hire in the department and the individual will be expected to demonstrate a broad finance skill set with the commitment and ability to work outside of their comfort zone.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for operating NAV and pricing signoff processes for Oceanwood Funds and SPVs
• Responsible for ensuring investor return control processes are managed and enhanced
• Manage delivery and control of SPV accounting by external service providers
• Support the head of fund accounting with statutory reporting
• Responsible producing internal performance reporting
• Managing fund expenses process
• Running daily reports around treasury, cash management and performance analytics
• Support the head of fund accounting in new fund / SPV launches
• Take on project work as required
• Provide cover to other areas in the function
• Assist with training and development of junior staff members
Skills and Experience
• Qualified Accountant, newly qualified to 2 years PQE
• Demonstrates experience in improving processes
• Advanced excel skills
• Highly driven and ambitious individual and can demonstrate this in career to date
• Ability to manage own workload independently