GSAM Compliance Advisory Officer, Vice President/Executive Director, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL COMPLIANCE
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS BUSINESS UNIT & ROLE OVERVIEW
This is a senior role on the compliance advisory team helping to provide compliance advisory services covering portfolio management, trading, sales and marketing activity within Goldman Sachs Asset Management International based in London. The successful candidate will work with business partners, Legal and Compliance colleagues in connection with helping to respond to regulatory requests, responding to compliance queries form the business, performing surveillance and forensic reviews, training the business in compliance matters, policy writing, marketing material sign off and advising on sales activity. RESPONSIBILITIES
As part of the team in some cases directly and in others in an oversight capacity:
- Provide daily compliance surveillance of GSAM portfolios for regulatory requirements and applicable policies and procedures.
- Provide daily compliance surveillance of GSAM employees Personal trading activity.
- Compliance monitoring of any aspects of FCA regulations as part of general monitoring or forensic review work.
- Review post trade exceptions for investment violations (familiarity with Sentinel Guideline system)
- Ensure breaches and complaints are logged and cover the compliance aspect of the sign off
- Assistance in the production of board reports of for the Head of EMEA Compliance
- Participate in the review and evaluation of new instruments and vehicles to identify compliance issues and surveillance needs.
- Develop and draft compliance policies and procedures, outlining firm policies, regulations and best practices
- Additional miscellaneous projects as required
- Create compliance training programs:
- Performing tasks relating to marketing, distribution and third-party distributor due diligence.
- Compliance advisory regarding global asset management marketing and distribution questions: UCITS/Non-UCITS/cross border distribution
- Review and approval of due diligence on third party distributors
- Compliance advisory on new GSAM fund launch projects
- Preparation, organisation and delivery of compliance trainings EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to work as the lead compliance individual within the wider team with direct management experience
- Good familiarity with all aspects of asset management compliance
- Represented compliance on projects such as new activities, new products or regulatory reform
- Familiar with compliance programmes and development and implementation of those programmes
- Production of materials and presentation of those to senior firm committees and/or board
- Ability to deal with senior business personnel in time constrained situations ensuring good compliance outcomes
- A minimum of 5+ years compliance experience in asset management
- Graduate equivalent education
- Risk and control focused individual with excellent judgment
- Knowledge of investment instruments including derivatives
- General compliance knowledge and familiarity with FCA regulations, MiFID, UCITS and AIFM Directives
- Knowledge of CSSF, CBI, SEC, Investment Adviser's Act, Investment Company Act, ERISA is helpful but not required.
- Effective analytical and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail and work under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity