Global Data - CFIE FICC Strategy Analyst
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Global Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. What's the role?
As a Strategy Research Data Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality and timely delivery of data used by Bloomberg's FX, Rates and Credit strategy teams. You will work closely with experienced research analysts within Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) to learn the ins and outs of conducting investment research, producing charts and dashboards and ensuring that Bloomberg offers the best in class data coverage in the market. This team provides Bloomberg users with the data and insights necessary to make market assessments. Collaboration with strategy, industry, credit, government and litigation teams is a key element of this role. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about macro driven data and research and pursuing opportunities to cover Credit, FX and Interest Rate Strategy. You can expect to:
You need to have:
- Attain in-depth knowledge from company, industry, and credit perspectives
- Create charts and insights to assist in the creation of Bloomberg Intelligence strategy content
- Provide support to internal and external clients and stakeholders on BI functionality and data content within dashboard construction and maintenance
- Leverage tools such as BQL and BQuant to showcase Bloomberg's data content
- Identify current gaps and working with stakeholders to onboard new data sets
- Identify innovative workflow efficiencies and propose improvements to enhance financial and industry data quality and timeliness
We'd love to see:
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or a relevant discipline
- Strong interest in financial markets and creating content
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
If this sounds like you:
- Advanced Excel and BQL and demonstrated interest or experience using one or more programming languages, preferably Python.
- Proficient use of the terminal and knowledge of terminal functions and API
- Experience or knowledge in Bloomberg Intelligence or any of the data products, for example Company Financials, Fixed Income or Credit
- CFA or working towards it
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services cultivates innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from you if you are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.