Global Data - Data Specialist - Regulation
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets.
Reference data for regulatory reporting plays an ever-increasing role in our clients' workflows, and Global Data fulfils an important function in supporting Bloomberg users with regulatory change. We analyse regulation, determine the reference data needs, and make this data available on the Terminal in order to support the regulatory reporting needs of our clients. We are the cornerstone of many of Bloomberg's regulatory solutions. The Role:
As a Data Specialist in the Regulations Team, you will play a critical role in maintaining key regulatory data sets, such as those relating to MiFID II, SFTR or Brexit. Your role will be to develop subject matter expertise in new and existing regulatory regimes, assess the associated reference data needs, and work across teams and departments to make this data available on the Terminal. Once built, you will be responsible for maintaining these data sets in accordance with policy changes and changing guidance from regulators, and ensuring their timeliness and quality.
As a subject-matter expert in regulatory change, you will also provide exceptional support to clients consuming our regulatory data and collaborate with stakeholders across the firm to help enhance Bloomberg's regulatory solutions.
The successful candidate will have a have a "can do" attitude, embrace hard work, act with urgency, and have a keen interest in financial markets and regulatory change. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Research, analyse and interpret regulation to determine reference data needs
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of our regulatory data sets
- Utilize subject matter expertise to help determine business rules based on regulatory requirements, and to set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Monitor policy changes and announcements by regulatory bodies such as ESMA and the FCA, and help to determine implications for our data and processes
- Perform quality controls and testing to ensure data accuracy by inspecting Bloomberg data values and comparing them to source documents
- Provide customer support for users of regulatory reference data
- Partner with a wide variety of stakeholders, from Engineering to Sales
- Manage projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of our data products
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management
We'd love to see:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance, Law or a policy-related field (or financial knowledge gained through work experience)
- A keen interest in the financial markets and regulation
- 2-3 years of experience working in regulatory change, or working with, managing or using financial data for regulatory reporting requirements. Prior knowledge of current EU or UK frameworks would be an advantage
- An understanding of data standards (e.g. identifiers such as ISIN, CFI and FISN codes)
- Self-motivation and an aptitude for research
- Willingness to study regulatory documentation and learn the ins and outs of different regulatory regimes
- Very strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently changing environment
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel
Does this sound like you?
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Expertise in one or more asset classes would be desirable
- Project management skills and/or experience
- Some knowledge of SQL or another programming language, such as Python
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.