Global Investment Research, Associate, Banks & Financial Services Sector, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
Goldman Sachs' Global Investment Research division delivers value-added research to clients in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets. Goldman Sachs develops global client-focused research in economics, portfolio strategy, derivatives and equity and credit securities. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies.
Global Investment Research produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyse financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate would be working closely with senior analyst in the Banks
team to analyse companies and stocks within the financial services
sector and the factors that affect the industry as a whole.
- Researching and critically analysing market information
- auditing company and industry data and statistics
- assisting in compilation and writing of thematic sector and company research reports and investment recommendations for our clients
- Building and maintaining financial models using advanced Excel
- Preparing pre-results and post results updates on companies
- Developing relationships within internal and external clients including company Investor Relations departments
- Handling requests for information from clients and other Goldman Sachs divisions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Ideally a background in equity research with experience covering the Banking sector
- Strong quantitative, analytical and technical skills - experience in Excel and working with financial models
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - both verbal and written
- Desirable background(s) could include ACA qualified or part qualified or CFA qualified
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity