Global Markets - Internal Audit
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- ICBC Standard Bank Plc
- 16 Nov 17 2017-11-16
Planning, project managing and executing the audit reviews predominently Global Markets and Investment Banking Front Office.
ICBC Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an Internal Auditor to join our dedicated team at our London offices.
Planning, project managing and executing the following audit reviews as detailed in the annual Internal Audit Plan:
• Global Markets (Commodities, Fixed Income, Equities) and Investment Banking front to back integrated audits.
• Functional audits focused on Compliance or Operations processes.
• Assisting with cross-portfolio audits reviewing Risk, Finance or HR processes.
• To carry out other ad hoc reviews and investigations as requested by management.
The expectations of this manager role encompass the following:
Understanding the business
• Good understanding of Global Market products and support functions within a Global Markets environment, both from an internal operational perspective and an external market driven perspective.
• Good understanding of the current regulatory environment and developments.
• Being risk focused
• Expected to determine the risk based scope, of small and medium sized audits through appropriate analysis and differentiate between what is important and what is not to propose a preliminary scope of work.
• Expected to raise and draft findings and articulate the results and impact of audit work, both verbally and in writing, to contribute to a quality internal audit product.
• Expected to be actively involved in the quarterly risk assessment and annual audit planning process.
Efficient and effective service delivery
• Expected to plan and execute small to medium sized audits from planning through to audit reporting in line with agreed timeframes.
• Expected to project manage small to medium sized audits to ensure completion and documentation of audit testing in line with agreed budgets.
• Expected to be able to use and apply an appropriate mix of testing approaches including data analysis techniques on individual assignments to deliver efficient and effective audit testing.
• Expected to be resilient and determined to see projects through to completion.
• Team player who recognises the team goals and objectives and strives to achieve them.
• Plan and execute audit work through to draft findings and agreeing the results with management.
• Conduct ad hoc reviews and special investigations as requested from time to time by management.
• Ensure audit work is documented in accordance with internal and professional standards.
• Maintain leading edge industry knowledge and technical competence.
• Provide cost-effective and value added recommendations to management and contribute to enhancing the overall control environment.
• Ensure that audit reporting addresses all key control weaknesses.
• Provide input to the quarterly risk assessment and annual planning process.
• Develop effective ongoing relationships with business management.
• Provide assurance in other locations. Whilst the job will primarily be London based, there are a number of overseas locations in which audits may be scheduled. It is not anticipated that the travel requirement will exceed 15%.
• Where Financial Crime and/or fraud risk is identified in the course of work, these will be appropriately escalated.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Strong university degree in any discipline.
• ACA or equivalent qualification (ACCA, CIMA).
• Big 4 with a good level of post qualification experience preferably in the Financial Services area OR extensive experience of working in Internal Audit, auditing Global Markets trading products and the related control environments within Financial Services.
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise:
• A proven track record of understanding the risks, processes and controls within a Global Markets environment.
• Deep knowledge of current industry practices in compliance matters including financial crime and understanding of recent regulatory developments, including Basel III, MiFID II, CRD IV, Dodd Frank, EMIR.
• A flexible individual with an ability to undertake a varied portfolio of audits is required. The individual will need to demonstrate a track record of being adaptable and tackling new subject areas independently
• The job holder should be a self-starter with sufficient experience as to be able to undertake assignments with limited supervision
List the key personal attributes which distinguish those that are successful in this role:
• Global outlook
• Client focus
• Good attention to detail
• Results and outcomes orientated
• High level of integrity and values driven
The role would suit someone who is:
• Able to navigate complexity
• Enjoys working in a changing environment
• Flexible and willing to work in new and different areas
• Looking to broaden their audit experience
• Open to the opportunities, and looking for the profile, that working in a medium sized audit function can offer