Working for an International Real Estate business, The Group Financial Accountant will be a key member of the Finance team. The team is formed of twelve members and is responsible for the Group's financial forecasting, planning and analysis, group reporting and technical accounting, operational and commercial finance and corporate accounting for the head office function. The Group Financial Accountant will work in the Group reporting team and take a leading role in all technical financial reporting matters across the Group.
- Leading the preparation and presentation of the consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS and the Group's accounting policies. Tied to this is the development and implementation of a new consolidation system and process from the existing Excel based process
- Owner of the statutory reporting process for c40 legal entities (UK and overseas)
- Leading the preparation and presentation of monthly and quarterly consolidated reporting and to be the owner of the Group reporting matrix
- Take a proactive role in responding to emerging financial accounting developments and preparing Board papers assessing the impact of such considerations
- Responsible for the Group's annual carrying value and impairment review
- Business partnering to provide financial input on new developments and initiatives
- Working in conjunction with corporate business units to ensure the annual external audit is delivered within the agreed upon timeframe by taking responsibility for deliverables during the audit planning, fieldwork and completion phases
- Preparing and presenting technical training for the finance team members at corporate level
- Provide insight and support for other members of the Group Reporting and FP&A teams; Liaison with the Group's outsourced overseas Accountants to ensure timely and accurate reporting of holding and investment special purpose entities in the Group structure; and to Provide support on company secretarial and regulatory compliance matters.
- Chartered Accountant With At Least One Years Post Qualification Experience
- Top 10 Audit Background
- Previous experience in leading a monthly multi-currency consolidation process
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and experience in preparing GAAP convergence assessments
- Experience in writing reports and preparing Board papers
- A high degree of Excel proficiency