HCM Technology - Java Developer
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Goldman Sachs International
- 14 Nov 18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Deliver secure, accurate, and innovative technology solutions, to assist and manage the health, wealth, benefits and compensation for every employee at the Firm. Key functions include Compensation, Equity Compensation, Benefits and Wellness, Employee Special Investments, and Global Mobility Services.
Engineer a suite of innovative solutions to "Attract, Develop and Retain" a strong pool of employee talent. "Talent" is a business strategy that is fully integrated within all of the employee related processes of the Firm. Our solutions implement strategies, processes and solutions that help our people advance professionally while using with latest technology trends and capabilities that include mobile development, Social integrations and Cloud computing.
HCM Technology is a global team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class applications and practices across the Goldman Sachs People Function. Partnering with the business, the group solves critical problems, leveraging the latest web technology stacks, driving decisions through machine learning/data analytics, whilst ensuring and promoting a culture of quality software engineering.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- The candidate should have a strong engineering background with experience encompassing the full software development lifecycle across a variety of architectural stacks.
- The candidate will be involved in requirements gathering, design, architecture, implementation, testing and support for software solutions in the Technology Division.
- The candidate must have solid oral and written communication and organizational skills, and be comfortable in a technical role in a geographically diverse environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Energetic and self-motivated, ability to work in high paced environment with tight deadlines
- Able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions for the business
- Can manage multiple tasks and use judgment to prioritize and escalate to influence objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Core Java skills
- Web Services (REST) experience
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
- Relational database experience including the usage of ORM Tools
- Experienced with software development on Windows and Linux
- Full web-stack development including the latest JS frameworks
- Hands-on experience of test driven development
- Automated testing & tools (JUnit, JMeter, Cucumber, etc.)
- Continuous builds & associated tooling (Maven, Gradle)
- Mobile Development would be a plus
- Experience with BPMN modeling and Workflow solutions would be a plus
- Scripting languages & Shell Scripting would be a plus
- Database skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.