Head of Audit
- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
See job description for details
We're looking for a Head of Audit, Financing & Risk Solutions, Transformation & ICB for NatWest Markets to join us in London
- If you're an experienced risk or internal audit professional with a wealth of financial services industry knowledge, this role offers an opportunity to play a major part in a high profile area of the bank
- You'll provide independent assurance and contribute to the design and delivery of an effective audit strategy working with some of the most senior stakeholders within the bank
- You'll have a great platform from which to provide quality, efficient and effective assurance and influence business executives and directors to improve control
What you'll do
This is a prominent role where your skills at developing stakeholder relationships will be as important as your risk management skills. You will have ownership of all our audits in your area of responsibility. You'll work with the Chief Auditor to develop your audit plan and strategy, refine it in collaboration with Senior Audit Managers in your area, and foster a number of important relationships with senior management. Your plan will make use of business intelligence to provide targeted assurance which aligns with your area's strategy, while remaining flexible enough to respond to business, market, or regulatory developments.
You'll succeed in this role by:
- Becoming a valuable business partner to the management team in your area of your responsibility
- Producing opinions which influence executive management to manage risk prudently within risk appetite and inform the Bank Audit Committee in the execution of their function
- Retaining oversight while your team carries out the audits which form your plan, ensuring that both the audits' quality and progress meet the standards expected, and that the testing completed fulfils the scope of the audit plan
- Allocating resources flexibly and effectively within your audit portfolio
- Acting as a leader and role model to your own team, setting standards of excellence in how we engage the business, and providing guidance, coaching and personal development
The skills you'll need
This is a highly visible role with significant responsibility so you'll need extensive knowledge of financing and risk solutions, including origination and syndicate activities, as well as the risk and controls associated with financing, structuring and derivatives solutions provided to clients. You should have a strong understanding of large bank-wide transformation programmes and the regulatory requirements relating to the business areas or products and the Audit Function. Trading and Sales knowledge would also be ideal.
We'll also expect:
- An outstanding ability to build robust stakeholder relationships with senior business colleagues
- The confidence and ability to challenge and influence effectively on assurance matters, up to executive level when required
- Integrity, strategic foresight and excellent communication
- Evidence of managing, guiding and developing a diverse range of team members, ideally across a number of locations
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.