- London, England, Großbritannien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Credit Suisse -
- 18 Nov 18
Head of Developer Tools Engineering # 118504
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
We are currently looking for an experienced, forward thinking and highly skilled individual with strong management and software skills to join the Development Practices Leadership team. As the Head of Developer Tools Engineering you will be responsible for the development and support of Odyssey, the bank's strategic enablement & innovation platform used by 30,000 employees globally within Credit Suisse.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Sit on the Development Practices Leadership team, working to align your functional area strategy with the overall group, delegate tasks based on priority, and communicate the group's focus to team members
- Guide a team of engineers in the design, technical development and maintenance of enterprise grade Java-based web applications
- Provide strategic and operational oversight for new services and features for the Odyssey platform across the full software development lifecycle
- Develop and deliver both short and long term strategies as well as 12-month roadmaps
- Find opportunities to promote innovation and increase automation in the bank's development, release and deployment processes
- Lead engagement with the community and other engineering teams across the bank
- Drive collaboration with senior business partners both in the team and across the bank
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
She/he would have:
- Knowledge and experience around end-to-end software and building Java based web applications
- Passion for using Agile methodologies to enable short release cycles and prioritise requirements and task amongst the team
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills, including a desire to mentor junior members
- Evidence of understanding around highly available, scalable and resilient applications and architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge around software development tools such as Jira, Confluence, Git, SVN, Jenkins and Artifactory
Nice to have:
- Experience maintaining a large application platform with a focus on availability and monitoring
- Familiarity with industry standard Configuration Management tools
- Familiarity building large scale CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with containers and virtualization solutions
- Familiarity with cloud offerings
- Working within a globally distributed team
For more information visit Technology Careers .
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.