A forward thinking and dynamic firm based in London is looking for a financial crime specialist to come in a lead their experienced and hungry team. You will initially have a team of 3 direct reports and would be tasked with focusing on their careers and the functions capabilities. To be a successful manager in this role, you will need strong FX or derivatives experience
In the role you will report to the CRO, but will ultimately be responsible for
- Developing industry leading AML and financial crime policies and procedures, and ensuring the implementation and operation of appropriate systems and controls.
- Ensuring, through effective monitoring, that staff observe the AML and financial crime compliance procedures when undertaking business activities.
- Identifying, analysing, monitoring and mitigating AML and financial crime risks.
- Determining whether or not suspicious activity reports have substance and require disclosure to the relevant authorities.
- Ensuring fulfilment of Money Laundering reporting and Law Enforcement Agency liaison requirements.
- Reporting on AML and financial crime risks and risk appetite to the appropriate governance fora in a timely manner.
To do this role:
- You will have a strong passion and ability in line management and leadership
- Understanding of FX an derivative is a huge advantage
- Be goal orientated - the company has some seriously impressive benefits which come with hard work
- Excellent knowledge of legal, regulatory and industry requirements and banking business processes, standards, policies and procedures relating to AML, preferable with a payments background across multiple currencies
- Professional experience in an MLRO or Deputy MLRO role.
- Strong leadership skills and track record of developing a robust financial crime and AML control framework.
To learn more about this role, please email your CV to email@example.com / 020 3862 2750