Large Multi strategy hedge fund are looking to make an additional hire to their London Middle Office / trade support team. It is very likely that you will be degree educated with a proven background in trade support within an IB or Hedge Fund team. Ideally you will be well versed within fixed income, OTC derivatives, equity swaps / cash equities.
The Middle Office (MO) Trade Capture Specialist will be responsible for providing support to Portfolio Managers and other Departments to ensure all trades are captured and affirmed in a timely manner. The role will be primarily focused on interest rate, credit, bonds, futures and FX products (both cash and derivatives), as well as all Equity products. Principal
- Trade Queue: Monitoring and timely clearance of the trade queue. This covers all products.
- Middle Office Inboxes: Monitoring and timely resolution of queries sent from PMs
- Electronic Affirmation: Working with eclerx, directly onshore and with our counterparties to match trades in a timely manner for IRS, Bond and Credit trades on their various affirmation platforms.
- Non-electronic Affirmation: To ensure that the risk on all trades or products that do not go through an electronic platform have been addressed and mitigated.
- Broader T0 tasks: To ensure that the MO provide a timely level of service and support to the other product lines and areas who are involved with affirming trades on T0 (e.g. FX, Futures, Equity).
- T+1 support: A level of support is required on T+1 to remediate any issues from the previous day, these should be conducted in a timely manner and the impacted parties informed.
- Escalation: Escalation to line manager, Operational risk and the wider management team of failures in the process or potential issues that could create a loss for the firm (either direct or a p&l re-instatement).
- Global Model: The MO operates a ‘follow the sun’ model and so it is important to ensure that there is a clear handover of tasks and responsibilities to each region.
- Firm support: Primary support focus of the MO is to support the PMs but the wider responsibility is to work with all of the teams in the firm to ensure that the accurate and timely capture of trades is completed every day.
- Improvements and management of initiatives: Identify and document pain points / process weaknesses within respective areas, and take steps to remediate through delivery of remediation initiatives. This should include: Stakeholder buy in and engagement, syndication and sign off of business case(s), end-to-end project planning, delivery to plan and status reporting, and escalation of risks / issues.
- Control focus: Proactively identify, assess and document risks within your area, and propose process and control improvements to mitigate them. Additionally it is required to keep the Operational Risk department informed of any findings.
The successful candidate will be familiar with a high paced working environment and have an aptitude for prioritizing multiple deliveries
The individual should have strong market understanding and be familiar with industry and regulatory change The ability to strike the balance between working autonomously and collaborating as part of a team is essential as well as managing project deliveries alongside BAU requirements
Strong interpersonal skills is a must – the role involves daily interaction with senior stakeholders in Front Office
Familiarity with industry standard systems such as MarkitWire, Markit Trade Manager, Bloomberg, and Murex is beneficial